Star I
System: Windows 10 1909
Battery or AC: yes
Model: vivobook s15 s532fa
Frequency of occurrence: all the time now
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I purchased a vivobook s15 with touchscreen. lovely. during installation, it bluescreened (due to a forced and failed bios update) and caused a few issues. However, I managed to use recovery and now the touchscreen is nothing more than a second monitor. Believe me when I say I have now spent 22 hours trying to replace the software that made the thing work in the first place. I have tried almost everything, drivers, reinstalls, more drivers, etc. No luck. I feel I am missing one important large piece of software to get it to look and act as it did out of the box. I am literally pulling everyones hair out to get it to work. Sadly it was a gift for my wife's birthday and she now seems like she doesn't want to touch it. If anyone could please help me get this thing ready for her, It would make my month.

Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sneakygloworm
  1. System: Windows 10 1909
  2. Battery or AC: yes
  3. Model: vivobook s15 s532fa
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all the time now
  5. Reset OS: yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I purchased a vivobook s15 with touchscreen. lovely. during installation, it bluescreened (due to a forced and failed bios update) and caused a few issues. However, I managed to use recovery and now the touchscreen is nothing more than a second monitor. Believe me when I say I have now spent 22 hours trying to replace the software that made the thing work in the first place. I have tried almost everything, drivers, reinstalls, more drivers, etc. No luck. I feel I am missing one important large piece of software to get it to look and act as it did out of the box. I am literally pulling everyones hair out to get it to work. Sadly it was a gift for my wife's birthday and she now seems like she doesn't want to touch it. If anyone could please help me get this thing ready for her, It would make my month.

Many thanks

Disaster strikes!!
do Reset the windowz OS or Reinstall the windows OS as clean

AnthonyLee_ASUS
Rising Star I
Hi @sneakygloworm , please refer to this FAQ: https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041344/ and see if it works. Please note that you must follow these steps in order to fix the problem. If you find any errors during procedure, please let me know and provide the error code by screenshots.
Cheers!