Zenfone 5z Camera Not FOCUS

Comments

• Hi friends

I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

• Same Problem here. Main camera auto focus causing blurry images. All steps done. Even resetting or downgrading to Android p didn't help. Issue started after the software update.

• wjuwalewjuwale Level 1

How can Asus release an update which corrupts most of the cameras and if this is impacting the camera hardware then asus has to repair it and replace the camera hardware.

• I don't think the camera will work again like normal by just software patch as downgrading faulty firmware to older perfectly working firmware (pie) didn't help to many users. Probably replacing the camera module is last option. What do you think, software patch is a solution? How?

• Hi friends

May I know did the issue appear right after the firmware V70 update or happened around the V70 and V87 firmware update periods?

• This issue are happen after.70 firmware update

• The issue did NOT happen immediately after V70 update. It happened around V70 and V87 update.

• I have been facing the same issue of main camera focus problem since last two days. I don't know what shold I do? Is this hardware or software problem?

• This is the second time I'm having trouble with asus main camera focus both with Zenfone 5 back in 2017 and now with Zenfone 5z. Please give us some solution regarding the main camera focus error.

• DEOKANTDEOKANT Level 1

I am also facing the same problem with my zenfone camera. I bought this phone for its camera performance and now it's facing these issues. I don't know what to do next.

Asus did this to our phone and now it is responsible for solving this problem.

Help us please. Fed up with this problem. It seems that asus doesn't wanna have some loyal customer. The thing which Asus did to my phone is terrible and I was thinking of getting their latest zenfone 😂.

Please solve this issue ASAP.

• neturanetura Level 1

Hello,

I am having the same issue with the rear main camera since March/April (don't really recall exactly but it all started after a firmware update).

My current firmware is WW_16.0615.2005.130

I tried all options but the factory reset and none solved the issue.

BTW all other cameras are working correctly.

• Sorry to say but faced the same damn issue on my Asus zenphone 5z and after getting no help for a month and seeing such posts decided to switch to One plus. I swear never to buy Asus again. No product from Asus again this seems like a big scam to me.

• Dear friends

After investigation, we suggest you to bring your phone to ASUS repair center for device checking.

Please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may cause.

• 1947msr1947msr Level 2

It is a faulty hardware not a user fault And what about the charges, will asus bear all expenses ??

• Put some steam into this. Lets use twitter for the same.

I have sent a tweet looping in Linustechtips and mkbhd.

• btok900btok900 Level 1

I have the exact same issue and cannot find a solution unfortunately 😣

• I am also facing same issue. Its a scam from Asus to loot the hard earned money of people. #Boycott Asus.

Same problem reported by me my friend at same time but still the Asus will say it's a hardware issue.

Go through the forms same issue reported by everyone.

• Same problem here after update bluer camera.no focus

• I'm also facing the same issue here in Brazil. Somewhere after the update, the camera just got blurry. Have already tried to reset, clear cache etc without success. I've waited some time, in order to buy Asus some time to fix it. But today I've installed the WW-100.10.107.92 and the issue remains. It has been 2-3 months now.

If the firmware upgrade, really physically damaged the hardware. I expect a recall from Asus ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.