Zenfone 5 (ASUS_X00QD) Android 10 beta 2 unable to send SMS

VictorD
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5 (ASUS_X00QD)
Firmware Version: QKQ1.190723.002.WW_Phone-17.0615.2003.22-20200423
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Messages (SMS)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
For whatever reason I can't seem to send SMS messages, no matter what app I use. This was happening with beta 1 also.
12 REPLIES 12

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi VictorD,
Thank you for your sharing. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Could you tell us the name of the carriers you've tried that have this problem? Will the phone work with other SIM card?
2. Which SMS app you use? Also, please provide the app version.
3. If you could not send SMS in tripartite apps, are you using via the Internet(4G), the Wi-Fi, or both? Will it work with other Internet chnnel? Does the phone operate in the stable signal? Where?
4. Could you receive /send calling and text?
5. Please check if the phone storage is ok. Setting>Storage & memory
6. Did the phone break or fall before?

VictorD
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi VictorD,

Thank you for your sharing. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.

1. Could you tell us the name of the carriers you've tried that have this problem? Will the phone work with other SIM card?

2. Which SMS app you use? Also, please provide the app version.

3. If you could not send SMS in tripartite apps, are you using via the Internet(4G), the Wi-Fi, or both? Will it work with other Internet chnnel? Does the phone operate in the stable signal? Where?

4. Could you receive /send calling and text?

5. Please check if the phone storage is ok. Setting>Storage & memory

6. Did the phone break or fall before?

View post
HI Christine,
1. I'm on Orange Romania. It does send sms texts just fine on a Vodafone Sim card, but not on my Orange Sim card.
2. I'm using the stock app, but this happens regardless of the messaging app.
3. The phone is working normally with voice, data, etc on every data connection.
4. The voice services work normally. I can receive sms messages, just can't send them.
5. The storage is fine, at 60%.
6. The phone didn't fall and wasn't dropped.

Thank you

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi VictorD
Does Orange Romania Sim card work well in Android 9? The issue appear after the Android 10 Developer Version, right? Furthermore, Vodafone Sim card works totally fine or is there any other issue with Vodafone Sim card?
Furthermore, are you using dual-SIM card? Please provide me the screenshot of Settings > Network & Internet > SIM cards. Whats your setting for "Preferred SIM for SMS Messages"?
While you could not send out the SMS, is there any error message? Could you show me in video?

VictorD
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi VictorD

Does Orange Romania Sim card work well in Android 9? The issue appear after the Android 10 Developer Version, right? Furthermore, Vodafone Sim card works totally fine or is there any other issue with Vodafone Sim card?

Furthermore, are you using dual-SIM card? Please provide me the screenshot of Settings > Network & Internet > SIM cards. Whats your setting for "Preferred SIM for SMS Messages"?

While you could not send out the SMS, is there any error message? Could you show me in video?

View post
Hi,
It works fine with the Vodafone Sim. I changed the Orange Sim card but it's the same thing. I've attached the screenshots.
It stopped working after I upgraded to Android 10 developer version.
There's no error message beside the red "Not sent. Tap to try again" .
Thank you
screenshot-20200521-155806.png
screenshot-20200521-155733.png