Zenfone 5 ZE620KL Cast application does not work in Miracast infrastructure mode
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ASUS_ZS620KL/ ASUS_Z01RD
- Firmware Version: 4.9.112
- Rooted or not: Not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: Always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Cast
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
I am trying to validate Miracast sink implementation related to Miracast Infrastructure discovery. I am using Miracast R2 supported ASUS source device. We suspect that Asus phone device does not do the following:
-sending mDNS query for PTR lookup containing service type _display._tcp.
-sending mDNS response for PTR query from sink device containing service type _displaysrc._tcp.
Because of the above reason Miracast is not working in infrastructure mode.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Connect Asus phone to WiFi Network. Say "TestAP"
2. Connect the projection device to same WiFi Network "TestAP"
3. Go to Cast application in settings, and tap to enable [Wireless Display].
4. Asus phone unable to discover projection device in Infrastructure Mode.
According to Miracast R2 Wi-Fi_Display_Technical_Specification, Expected behaviour is projection device and Source device should discovery each other using(mDNS/DNS-SD) mechanism in Infrastructure Mode. So we suspect asus phone is not registering “displaysrc._tcp" service and also not discovering "display._tcp" service.
can you please let me know if any settings need to be enabled for cast functionality to work using infrastructure Mode ?