Zenfone 6 - screen is blocked with a black screen

KardecKardec Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

My new Zenfone 6 is less than a month old and is showing this problem, after the battery is fully charged, the screen is blocked with a black screen and only the green led is lit and I can't get out of this situation anymore. Can someone help me? It already came with Android 10.

Comments

• I think the display might have been Damaged, that is why green led are visible

• KardecKardec Level 1

After several device reset, the screen returned, but this situation is repeated whenever I charge up to 100%.😕

• SyauqiSyauqi Level 1

I had got same problem this morning after battery fully charged, and I am keep trying by push power button, the display could not show up, only once vibrated.😣

• KardecKardec Level 1

Apparently it is the same problem, and it proves that the problem is spreading like a Covid. unfortunate, because a device so expensive and brings problems to the user. I am trying a solution in the battery configurations, PowerMaster, where I activated the "Battery Health" function. This option charges the battery up to 80% and waits to charge up to 100% only when it is close to programmed. Good for night battery recharge. On the first battery recharge it worked normally. I'll follow up on the next ones.

• KardecKardec Level 1

Apparently it is the same problem, and it proves that the problem is spreading like a Covid. Unfortunate, because a device so expensive and brings problems to the user. I am trying a solution in the battery configurations, PowerMaster, where I activated the "Battery Health" function. This option charges the battery up to 80% and waits to charge up to 100% only when it is close to programmed. Good for night battery recharge. On the first battery recharge it worked normally. I'll follow up on the next ones.

• amimolleramimoller Level 1
    edited May 2020

I just got this phone and i have the same issue, but it also happens to a lesser degree if I just leave it for 30+ minutes, then it might take a couple of tries before the screen is lit. It seems like the touch screen is active underneath.

• KardecKardec Level 1

I also noticed that despite the screen being locked the device seems to react normally underneath. I hope that Asus will soon make an update to correct this inconvenient bug.

• I have the same issue after upgrading to Android 10 and February update.

Sometimes finger print sensor not works , power switch twice required to awake screen. Especially while charging.

Sometimes a screen flickering occurred , then goes blank, then power switch twice required to awake screen.

• I have the same issue after current update. How the issue will be resolve????

• After a week or so the screen just stayed black for good and I returned the phone and got a new one.

• Hey anything worked for you guys, I have the same issue but nothing worked

• A quick update on my case, I submitted the device to asus service center, they said that the motherboard had been damaged, i had recently installed an update. I searched and found that this has earlier happened after updates. What should be done next? It's been just 13 months since I have bought the device.

This discussion has been closed.