Weird bootloop after OTA (21 April 2020)
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL)
- Firmware Version: 16.2017.2004.063
- Rooted or not: Not
- Frequency of Occurrence: First Time
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N.A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
My asus zenfone max pro m1 has not been booting since the april 21st update.
It boots completely, asks for pattern to decrypt storage and irrespective of whether or not i enter the pattern, it reboots. Looks like some system services are failing after boot and hence i need to wipe or clean flash the system partition.
- This is my dad's phone and it wasn't tampered with at all. Unfortunately boot loader is locked and usb debugging is off.
- None of my 2 laptops detect it in fastboot or adb in windows and linux. I've installed proper drivers but it doesn't even show up in device manager as unknown or whatever.
- It normally enters fastboot and recovery modes.
- I did the root integrity check from recovery and it reported 92 files missing and 90 unknown files.
What i tried:
- Reinstalling the same update through recovery (makes no difference)
- Installing older updates ( recovery doesn't allow)
- Factory reset through recovery (makes no difference)
- flashing via fastboot (fastboot doesn't detect)
The only thing i did not try is qfil and I'm not doing that because a lot of people have reported losing their IMEI and other hardware information.
Also, I couldn't find a stock qfil firmware they were stock based made by other people.
Asus's update broke the phone. But I don't see a lot of people posting about it. I could use some help.