1. System: Windows 10 home
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Asus Zenbook-14-UX434FL
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Not needed
  6. Screenshot or video: Will send if needed

========================

Detailed description:

From the very first day of this notebook, I have observed some keyboard key marks on my screen. I clear them with a microfiber cloth but they reappear in 2-3 days. They are only visible through some specific angles. I am concerned about the display. I guess my keyboard touches with the screen in laptop closed condition. If this continues, it is surely gonna affect my display. I have other 2 laptops from other brands. I never faced a problem like this since in these 12 years. This is a query for the ASUS customer support. But, I would also like to know if someone else is also facing the same problem.

Comments

• rodrigo.perezrodrigo.perez Level 1
    edited April 2020

This does occur occasionally as there is little to no clearance between the screen and keyboard when closed. That being said, are you simply closing the lid and leaving the laptop on a desk or table or are you placing it inside a laptop bag where it might get squeezed a bit?

• Hello asgautam35,

Would you mind to share a picture of the issue?

Thank you.

• The imprints are just the outlines of square keys on the keyboard and that too only in the left part of the screen. And these imprints appear only on black screens( like in off condition). The screen being gloss finish and highly reflective is not ready for giving me a pic. I hope you understand.

• Sometimes I keep it in my bag but that should also not cause the marks as notebooks are made for that. Most of the people buy notebooks (aka. ultrabooks) for the sake of commuting with it! The marks appear only in the left part of the screen for some unknown reasons.

• Hello asgautam35,

If you have concern about this,

please kindly bring it to our service center to let our agent examine for you.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.