edited October 2020 in VivoBook
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Asus Vivobook S14 S432
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I have Asus S14 S432 I have been using this for about 6 months now, I never Used the webcam before. Since everyone is working from home, I tried to use Zoom and other Video Conferencing apps , it seems my Webcam is not working. When i on my PC the IR face unlock works, I have checked Control Panel settings and camera is on, but no Video. I do not know after any updates my camera stopped working .I would be helpful If anyone can help

Regards

Ajith

Comments

• edited April 2020

Go to privacy settings, enable access to camera is on. Disable webcam protection in antivirus software.

• Hi Raju

Thanks for Responding for Query, in the privacy settings Camera is Enabled, I am using windows defender i am not sure how to do this

• Hello Ajith,

Is F10 working fine on your device? if you press it, would be show camera on and off?

If you go to device manager, is there any error message for camera?

Thank you.

• Hi Raju

F 10 is working and Camera is On , and on the Device Manager its seems fine , I have Attached two screen shots for you

• I seen pdf, I think you try to do doing video call using ofher app .

I suspect that registry keys related to application or camera is corrupted. I don't have any way to find

• Oh Ok thank you Raju for trying to Help, I have Written to Asus also. when the Lock down is over i will try to take it to agent

• I have had a problem with my web cam and it turned out to be a problem with Windows Defender! I had to allow Camera exe files and dll file too. Basically WD was blocking the web cam from being found and hopefully now all my problems with the webcam not working will be sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.