Asus Zenfone 3 infinite loop, not starting Android

NeoZerocl
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS570KL / Z016D
Firmware Version: Not sure, the device was turned off long time 😞
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The phone is not working at all
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi guys!
Hope that anyone can help me with this 🙂
The phone was turned off around 5 or 6 months, I charged and right away tries to boot it up, but it never load the OS, is rebooting all the time.

I was able to enter the Fastboot Mode, I installed the ADB tools, and at the CMD I run:

>fastboot devices
09W9RETJ866G.png
But beside of that command I can't do anything else, the "adb" commands are useless and I'm not sure what happened to the mobile.

Any suggestions will be appreciated 🙂

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Bigdann
Star I
i wish to get a strong phone that i can use to stream music from this website metolancer

Chieko
Star I
Having the same problem. Tried to update the firmware and all but it's still not working correctly. My Zenfone is never been rooted and worked perfectly fine for the past 3 years. 😭

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you for your asking. Please try following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable
1. Keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration
3. Still keep pressing "volume down key" and stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

Please note that once the steps is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

NeoZerocl
Star I
Hi @Christine_ASUS ,

Thanks for the instructions, but I can't get into the recovery mode, it's always looping over and over, there is any command using ADB or another tool just to send the device into that mode?

Regards,