Heating issue March update

edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

I am facing heating issue in 6z, after March security patch update. In normal surfing internet by wifi facing heating issue.

Comments

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

I would look for the cause somewhere else than in the last update, I cannot confirm what you describe.

• johnCforVTSjohnCforVTS Level 2
    edited April 2020

I have the same suspicion. I never before updating noticed heating in everyday use except gaming. The last days temperatures are considerably higher. Ill keep an eye on it and get back to you for confirmation

• When I charge phone it heat

• johnCforVTSjohnCforVTS Level 2
    edited April 2020

I am pretty confident about the heating issue . The last days ( post .144 update ) although i do not use my device as much i used it previously (pre .144 update ) temperatures are definetly higher. Never before my fingers were sweaty because of the device! Its not that it heats up just by resting, i was video calling ( but for a much shorter period of time in comparison with pre144 days ) and the phone remains considerably hot for about 5minutes after video calling ended.

Anyone else with something similar?

Edit* ** i just realised that some of the last days my home wifi was down and i was running everything with cellular data and as i know that it could be a factor on both battery drain and temperature... So ill be back when i am sure that this is not a factor anymore!

• Hi raju, post update this can happen.

Has it normalized?

Also, considering the summers the temperature tends to add up on device heat.

Under normal room temperate & also during idle it shouldn't

This discussion has been closed.