Notification Problems and more!
a few month ago, I thought that my Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC520KL internal storage is too full with app trash and is getting slower. So I decided to reset my Phone completely to have a fresh start.
Since then I am having lots of trouble with this phone:
- some Apps (i.e. Twitch, ebay, Twitter ...) are completely unable to show notifications in the status bar
- other Apps (i.e. Gmail) give hours delayed notifications
- in Google play downloads/updates often wont start. Sometimes it works after a day
-clevershuttle app (a taxicompany here in berlin) wont start at all. I talked to the devs: they never heard of the problem and cant help me
- even after the apps got several updates: no change
I have read many Zentalk threads about it, with many people having similar problems. I watched many Youtube solution videos with some good ideas. Its just so weird to me, because I hoped my phone would work better after a reset. I wish I could reset it to the version it had, when I bought it and then update it, so that I can reproduce the way it was.
- Mobile Manager>Autostart Manager>allow all apps.
- Power optimization>dont optimize apps
- Data usage>allow apps full data access
- app manager> reset preferences of all apps
- delete app data and cache
- uninstall apps updates
- uninstall apps and reinstall
- check all notification settings
- search all kind of possible settings throughout the phones menu, mobile manager, energysaving settings etc.
- review all apps internal settings
- restart the phone
I havent tried:
- the only thing I changed after the reset of my phone is, that I added my Fingerprint and use it sometimes to unlock my phone or bank apps. I will check what happens when i delete my Fingerprint, because in a similar thread about a Zenfone 5, I read that notifications wont come if you use Face recognition. Which is weird and a bit comparable to my problem.
- resetting my phone again completely. This is really the last thing I want to try. It needs a lot of preparation and time to reinstall and setup all my apps. and I am afraid that I will have the same problems again or even more. Because in the beginning after the reset I had even more Problems (i.e. with the notification LED not working, whatsapp not giving notifications at all...) which I could solve at least partially.
What worries me also, is the fact, that some of the other threads talking about those problems have been deleted. Sounds almost like a conspiracy :D. But thats maybe because the ZenTalk App is discontinued and now leads to the webpage.
I was always very happy with this phone. I like Asus, my whole Computer has Asus parts. I was looking forward to buy a new Zenfone one day. I hope I can solve the problems with your help and stay a fan of the brand.
Thank you in advance,
Happy Eastern and stay healthy
Greetings from Berlin