brand new ux463 screenpad not working

rpt767rpt767 Level 1

I have just purchased a UX463 i7 16Gb ram Win 10 Pro etc zenbook flip, and the screenpad does not work. It works as a touchpad to move the cursor around, plus the number pad icon works to display a number pad, but there is no option to use it as it is intended. I assumed this would just work out of the box, how naive of me. Pressing F6 only says touchpad is enabled/disabled.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

Comments

• Hello rpt767,

Please follow below FAQ

to reinstall the drivers.

Thank you very much.

• rpt767rpt767 Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it - I have gone through the steps and as far as I know have updated all of these, however the final step - download and install ScreenPad2 Optimizer - fails with this error - "It looks like something went wrong! Please contact the ASUS Customer Service Center and provide the following error code - 0x00000040".

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Hello rpt767,

Please kindly reply the SN in the PM I send you.

And may I know have you ever reset OS?

Thank you.

• rpt767rpt767 Level 1

Hi Blake

No I have never reset the OS. This is a brand new laptop, I just assumed it would all work out of the box - how naive of me....!

I have PMd the s/n.

Thanks.

• Hello rpt767,

If you are still in the free returning period, please kindly contact the seller as soon as possible.

I will report this issue, but it might take a while to complete.

Thank you very much.

• rpt767rpt767 Level 1

Thank you, I will do so.

• Hi, I'm experiencing the exact same problem as rpt767... I don't know what else to do