Zenfone 5 Android 10 Bugs

Comments

• Hi all,

A new Android 10 version WW-17.0615.2003.22 has been released.

In the version, we improved the issue of no sound in calls when OK Google is activated.

You may manually download from our website: https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

How to update firmware: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/

Please make sure to back up data before upgrading.

Thank you and have a nice day 🙂

• Hi Marky.Marky & Erwin05,

If the issue is still appearing in WW-17.0615.2003.22, please let us know and provide more details.

For camera problem, please show us an original photo of the problem.

Please also provide us the information below:

Rear/front camera, the ambient brightness, which camera mode, what camera settings( Screenshot the preview before you take the picture. Also, access the camera settings by tapping the upper right three dots and screenshot this page.)

Thank you 🙂

• Upgraded to the Android 10 and Fprint sensor stop working with some app that uses - like Bloomberg B-Unit - after the downgrade to Android P still not working. Other Apps that uses the Fprint and to unlock the phone is working fine.

Appears to be something regarding te B_unit app form Bloomberg - already reported to them - Req to use is to have a stock Android 9 phone... but ZE620KL was Android 8 upgraded to -> Android 9 and was working fine.

Did we will get the Android 10 with Zen UI like ZS620kl?

• Just updated..fprint sucks, even to unblock the phone. Display shows me volte..but i don't care about It. Asus gallery doesn't work. Camera's settings says megapiksel instead of megapixel.

• into main menu it keeps suggesting me to add another mail account

• File manager crash

• Sojo19Sojo19 Level 1

Меня разочаровало данное обновление. Без фирменной оболочки, камеры и т.д. Это просто голый андроид. Хотелось бы узнать кагда все исправят.?

• I have downgraded to Android Pie after those bugs that I noticed. I'm planning to check on it again but still not sure if I'm going to update again. If I do I'll post here some screetshot of the bugs I noticed

• I just reinstalled the beta. I noticed first that the volume is still not as loud as the ZenUI version. Also are you going to enable the Splendid for this Android 10? The screen color is too warm is needs to be adjusted specially for people like me who prefer cooler screen tone. And will you fix the navigation bar? When the display is set to small the navigation bar is not adjusted it's not how android 10 nav bar should behave. I don't want to keep it on the default screen display size just so I can have small nav bar too. Another in the Settings that notification to add email and all other stuff won't go away. Before we have an option to remove that an "X" at the right corner for each notif. And there are NO NOTIFICATION or RINGTONE sounds I needed to download my own, I don't know if that's a bug. But my main concern is the speaker and the splendid.

• MorisMoris Level 1

hello, I have a problem on the last android rom 10 when I want to transfer files by USB with a computer, when I want to activate the file transfer it is not possible, even if I I activate from the developer options, will the problem be solved? Or is it only on my device? Thanks and have a nice day

• Hi Moshe

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Change a cable

2. Check your USB Preference settings

Settings>Connected devices>USB>file transfer

3. Make sure that the USB configuration fits your device

4. . Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

5. Please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Hi Marky.Marky

Thank you for your asking. The Android 10 platform AOSP system does not provide a removal solution for the recommended Settings. In order to maintain the stability in Android 10, we will continue to provide the recommended Settings. If you have already performed the recommended settings, we suggest that users ignore them and we apologize for the confusion.

For using Screen Color Mode or volume, if you are used to using ZenUI system, we would recommend that you downgrade to Android 9. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

• MorisMoris Level 1

but do you intend to adapt Zenui on Android 10 or not?

• MorisMoris Level 1

hello, in the application `` camera '' that goes with Android 10 there is no longer the shutter speedy option that there was on the camera of the Android version 9. can we reinstall The Android 9 camera app and can you add the option in the next version of Android 10 for Asus ZenFone 5? If it is possible to download the old version can you give me the link, thank you good day.

• Hi Moshe

Thank you for your asking. If you are used to using the camera of ZenUI system, we would recommend that you downgrade to Android 9 by the following steps below

1. Download "Version Android 10 downgrade to P" and then put the image file into the root directory of the MicroSD card.

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

2. Insert MicroSD card into phone and then power off the device.

3. Long press with "Power" key and "Volume Down" key together and stop after feel the vibration to enter Recovery Mode

4. Use "Volume Down/Up" key and press "Power" key to choose "Apply update from external storage"

5. Select the downgrade file

6. When the updating process is done, Choose "Wipe data/factory reset" and tap"Yes" to perform the master clear.

7. "Wipe cache partition" > "Yes"

8. "Reboot system now" 

#Android 10 to Android 9 Guide 

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042349

• Phần mềm chụp xóa phông không còn tác dụng nhiều như lúc Android 9.0

• Hi saigonchieumuadong 

To avoid any misunderstanding in the conversation, please provide me your question in English. Thank you.

• So it just means to say that we arennot going to have the Asus Splendid support anymore on android 10????

This discussion has been closed.