TitanZenTitanZen Level 1
edited September 30 in ZenBook
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Link to MyAsus not present
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/202003/08/180214p8w0tne8hte291w0.png

So after getting all the updates and doing a rest on this pc before actually putting it to heavy use the link to my asus dissapeared. I tired to manually install the updated apps but I would get a message saying my device does not support this. I find it odd because I saw it breifly then it was gone. Anyone know any information on this?

Comments

• Hello ogonz1987,
    Please refer to below FAQ to make sure you have updated to the version that support
    Link to myASUS function.
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041686/#C11

Also, did you reset your own OS or you reset the factory one.
    Thank you very much.
  • LiviuLiviu Level 2
    Last edited by liviu.daniel on 2020/3/14 20:38

This happened to me as well when I did a factory reset. It just disappeared. I managed to use it for one full day.
    The problem occurred after I installed all the drivers manually, from the app and the sound stopped working so I decided to start with a fresh install of drivers after a factory reset, and after that, the option disappeared.

The driver that caused the sound issue is the Intel iSST.
  • TitanZenTitanZen Level 1
    Last edited by ogonz1987 on 2020/3/17 13:56
    blake_ASUS posted on 2020/3/9 22:22
    Hello ogonz1987,
    Please refer to below FAQ to make sure you have updated to the version that support ...
    Ok I have read that up down and sideways. The system automatically installs 2.2.14 even if I force uninstall through device manager it and selecting the folder where the 2.2.2 download is at does not work it keeps going to 2.2.14 it says that it has the best one installed.

Oh and to answer the question it was not my own OS it was the factory reset.
  • liviu.daniel posted on 2020/3/14 15:24
    This happened to me as well when I did a factory reset. It just disappeared. I managed to use it for ...

I have the same problem after I did a factory reset.
    mishha007 posted on 2020/3/18 13:58
    I have the same problem after I did a factory reset.

I have been waiting on a response now. The guide they provide is pointless when their driver installation is broken. I have read a lot of threads where the MyAsus app is problematic and live update does not work. My computer wont take 2.2.2 from their driver download page. It just keeps installing 2.2.14
  • CLick File, open windows powershell as administrator and type ./Install.bat
  • Go to your driver support page and install new version 2.2.14.0, it is easier to install with ONLY ONE EXE FILE.
  • Last edited by mishha007 on 2020/3/19 16:17

I removed the driver and installed the old version 2.2.2, it doesn't work. Then I update to 2.2.14 but it also doesn't work. I installed all the drivers which I finded
  • I am using 2.2.14.0, link to myasus works for me, maybe try updating or reinstalling myASUS.
  • junaidmahmood12345 posted on 2020/3/19 16:43
    I am using 2.2.14.0, link to myasus works for me, maybe try updating or reinstalling myASUS.

I did it many times... It worked before I made reset
  • LiviuLiviu Level 2
    There are other dependencies that the ASUS team didn't mention yet. Once you reset the OS to factory settings, it brakes those dependencies.
    Gave it one more shot at 2.2.14 install still nothing. Did get a message "ASUS System Control Interface driver of your machine cannot support the link to MyASUS function"
  • LiviuLiviu Level 2
    I Just bought another UX581GV for my sister, and on that laptop, the option is there as it was on mine when I first bought it. So, yes, there is something to do with the reset to the factory settings option that brakes it.
  • I did a factory reset of my laptop on January, and installed the latest version 2.2.14.0 this month, I have the link to myASUS, so I would say it is an installation/software issue, maybe try all windows updates, drivers etc.
  • LiviuLiviu Level 2
    junaidmahmood12345 posted on 2020/3/21 02:21
    I did a factory reset of my laptop on January, and installed the latest version 2.2.14.0 this month, ...

Windows is up to date. All drivers are up to date from the ASUS drivers page.

Maybe it's not available in certain regions?
  • Try this, uninstall the new version/downgrade to older version of ASUS system control interface driver, then open MYASUS, search for new update, it should say new system control interface driver found, click on update/install, and restart laptop, I think because you need to update it via MYASUS to get implemented into MYASUS properly, not the EXE file, that is how I installed it. So basically install the driver via MYASUS, not the EXE file.
  • junaidmahmood12345 posted on 2020/3/23 14:34
    Try this, uninstall the new version/downgrade to older version of ASUS system control interface driv ...

I already have done it. Now the problem is solved! MyASUS today was updated
  • LiviuLiviu Level 2

Mine hasn't. What did you last try before the update?

• I have the same issue.

When I initially started this I was having problems with it. I need to report that a few days later after my last post on here Microsoft Store notified me of an update to MyAsus. I did it and the link to my phone pc appeared and it worked. Though I keep having issues with this unit. Its my personal PC use it from light gaming to movies to work items but I have been having issues like I said that made me do another reset and bam the link to my pc was gone once again. Im just going to leave it alone maybe I will get the update notification once again and have it work.

This discussion has been closed.