Laggy Touchpad on UX333F

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Laggy Touchpad
Model: Ux333F
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No

Hi, I have bought Asus Ux333F notebook in agoust 2019.

After all these months, touchpad is still laggy and unresponsive from time to time.

I have spent 700 euros.

Comments

• Hello AlekosPanagulis,
    Please kindly check if your BIOS and touchpad driver are up to date.
    https://www.asus.com/tw/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-13-UX333FA/HelpDesk_Download/
    Also, is there specific scenario when the touchapd is laggy?
    Please kind record a video if possible.
    Thank you.
  • There is no specific scenario for these 'hyperactive' behaviour. My experience on a Zenbook Flip 14 Ryzen 5 3500U is that the touchpad starts by jumping and randomly opening windows and apps. I have removed the ASUS driver and replaced it with Windows generic one, but it starts with the same behaviour after a while. Then I reversed to the ASUS ver.12.0.0.20 driver which behaved well until a few days later and the same thing happened. I have reset Win10 and until now it is OK except just now when checking the version on the device manager it suddenly jumped to the start menu and opened an app at random!!
    I also run Manjaro linux on this device and the touchpad also behaves eratically.
    I CONCLUDE THERE IS SOME RADIO INTERFERENCE WITH THE TOUCHPAD FROM THE usb 3.0 ports. I have evidence for this when backing up on to a USB SSD . The cusrsor went completely mad during data transfer. Maybe it is only when WiFi or other data transfer lasting a few minutes causes this behaviour. That is as far as I got with my research!
    So, I am afraid that blake_ASUS who is now asking for videos of the event (he asked me for a video via a PM too today), will not come back with a solution. I just bought this laptop and will return it to the shop and get a Lenovo which seems to work much better than the ASUS laptops with ELAN touchpads. The Zentalk forum is full of reports about the touchpads. The bad situation is that people like myself and you will finally just forget ASUS and leave the forum full of unanswered questions because ASUS does not have a solutoion nor do they want to recall all these laptops.