jerem1912
Star I
ZF Model: ZB631KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1912.072-20191125
Frequency of Occurrence: High
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hi everyone, I have recently bought a Zenfone Max Pro M2 (ZB631KL) (manufacturing date: september 2019). The zenfone has done by FOTA the last update this week. Untill the last one (WW-16.2017.1912.072) thebattery was fonctionning quite well. Yesterday, the last update has been done. However, as observed by other people here, the battery life is quite reduced... Let me explain: The phone has been fully charged yesterday evening. * from then the battery gas gone from 100 % to 90 % in idle mode (6 hours). * from the full charge to 12:18, the battery drops to 68 %, when checking the cunsumption details, the observation is the following: - Screen use since the last full charge: 29 min - Chrome use: 6 min (1%), Google Play service (1%), Gmail (1%). -o-o-o-o-o-o- When I have performed the first full charge of the phone, the battery went from 100% to 96% in 7 hours in idle mode, this battery cunsumption remained the same after the WW-16.2017.1905.065 update. This is absoletely not the case after the last two updates. As I refer with all the discussions, the battery over-cunsumption seems to occur when the phone is operating one update, whatever the update type. Perhaps it would be better to totally reboot the zenfone (full restoration), when someone is facing same trouble ? Do you thing it may help to recover the battery initial features ? I have had the same kind of issue on a Samsung A3 (2017) and this worked. Perhaps there are some corrupted IRQ adresses when updating the zenfone ? Thanks by advance for the answer, Best regards, Jerem
1 REPLY 1

akirayjin
Star II
Actually I don't really care the battery usage. Maybe you can try to Factory Reset when no many application installed and try to full charge and idle it. If is the same then is in Firmware fault. Maybe there is not optimization for the battery. But after Factory Reset battery is good, then some application in background (service not open application then going to background recent app) is eating the battery. Not closing application can be one of thing that eating the battery. More application is opened, leading to battery drain more.