jasmimma
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Screenpad black
Model: UX334FL
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

I bought this pc on two weeks ago and from the first day I've the same problem: when I select the screenpad mode, the screenpad seems to backlight, but it's alway black. I followed all the Asus' guides, tried to install all the drivers, reset everything and tried again and again. The Windows version is Windows 10 Home 1909. I saw that the problem is very common, in particular with this windows version and not with the previous one. So I think the very problem is a driver problem, but I can't downgrade windows version because it wolud void the warranty. I tried to explain the problem to Asus center by phone, but they only told me to send the notebook to service center without really interest to solve the problem. I hope to have better indications here
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jasmimma, Is the following link the guide your were trying? https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041344 Was there any error message during the process? The problem occurred before you update to 1909 ? or after? Thank you.

jasmimma
Star I
Yes, I've tryed with that guide over and over again, but nothing has worked. No error occured during the process. I didn't update to 1909. When I first boot the laptop windows 1909 was already installed.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
jasmimma posted on 2020/1/4 21:11 Yes, I've tryed with that guide over and over again, but nothing has worked. No error occured during ...
Hello jasmimma, Does the screenpad works as normal touchpad? If you try to drag any window to the screenpad, does it work? Does the screenpad listed in device manger? is there any error message? Thank you.