Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power

Comments

• Same issue here with Asus VivoBook S430FN-EB136T Intel Core i5-8265U/8GB/256GB SSD/MX150/14", please provide a solution

• José CarlosJosé Carlos Level 1
    edited June 2020

I have the same issue with my Asus Vivobook 15 Model x512fj, i bought it recently and even sent it to tecnical assistance to solve this and another problem with the graphics card, the camera still doesnt work properly though.

• AnonAnon Level 1
    edited June 2020

Hey @Blake_ASUS (or anyone else) i have the exact same issue as everyone here.

As this is my work laptop i would appreciate an update for my BIOS as well.

This is my model: Asus Zenbook ux392fa_ux392fa

Thx

• Hello @Blake_ASUS ,

I have exactly the same problem (grey lines and green flicker on the webcam while on AC power) with my brand new laptop: ASUS VivoBook S15 S532FL-BN094T. Can you help me please? I have bought my laptop in an Italian Asus Gold Store.

• Hello @Blake_ASUS ,

Similar problem with UX433FN - A5247T

BIOS Version: 310 (28/April/2020)

• IvnIvn Level 1

Same issue here: S15 - S530FN i7 8th gen.

Disconnecting AC solves the problem.

Thanx for helping.

Have a nice day!

IR

• charalambos.ecocharalambos.eco Level 1
    edited June 2020

Hey @Blake_ASUS ,

I'm having the same issue and unfortunately I have a university exam in a couple days which is proctored aka needs the webcam on, could you send me the bios that fixes it if one exists? My laptop model is Asus VivoBook S15 S512FL-BQ279T

• Dear all user above,

I have send PM to you, or reply you in the thread.

If you have not receive it, please kindly let me know.

Thank you so much.

• IvnIvn Level 1

Received PM, BIOS updated and problem completely solved.

Thank you, Blak_ASUS and thank you, ASUS.

Bye!

IR

• Hi @Blake_ASUS , same issue here with VivoBook UB8D15CC

Can you please assist?

Thank you!

• MoniqueMonique Level 1

@Blake_ASUS Having the same issue with the Zenbook Pro Duo UX581G. Please send me a PM so I can send the serial.

Thank you.

• Hi @Blake_ASUS,

I am having same problem with my ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV. I updated to latest BIOS from ASUS website (version 307 2020/05/09), but that didn't solve the problem. Where can I get latest BIOS version with a fix? Thanks.

• @Blake_ASUS I am having the same issue with the Asus Vivobook X512F. Took it into the shop to replace the camera and the motherboard but the issue still persists. Please send me a PM so I can send the serial.

Thank you.

• Hi @Blake_ASUS, I'm having the same problem as the others. I received my laptop less than a week ago and updated to the April release BIOS 307 with no luck. Asus Zenbook Duo Pro - please PM me so I can send you my SN. Thanks!

• Good morning @Blake_ASUS

I also have the mentioned issue with my ZenBook Pro Duo, both external and internal webcam flickers, on multiple occasions, I am in a video meeting only to find the other participants suddenly suffer with fits due to the excessive flickering of my webcam.

I have seen that a BIOS update seems to have fixed this for many users, would it be possible to help update mine, just to save the poor people that have to endure a video call with me.

Many thanks,

Pete

• Hi Everyone. Blake_ASUS PM'd me the applicable BIOS update for my laptop. After unzipping the file using 7zip and updating the BIOS to the new version using ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility during the Advanced Start-up, the lines have stopped flashing. I can now have my video calls with my AC adapter plugged in and not have to stare at those flashing horizontal lines.

Thank you Blake_ASUS!

• After updating the BIOS, the problem is solved and the horizontal lines have stopped flashing. Thank you very much @Blake_ASUS!!

I have another issue: the fan starts running noisily when the AC adapter is plugged in, specially while videocalling; disconneting AC, fan stops running. Can you help me solving this problem too?

• aharrisaharris Level 1

Hi @Blake_ASUS I'm having the same issue with camera flickering with AC power only on my 1 week old ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Model UX581G. Are you able to PM me with BIOS update.

Thank you for your help,

Harris

• Hello @Blake_ASUS I am having a similar issue with the webcam flickering. The laptop is brand new. Asus ExpertBook P5440FA. Current BIOS Version is 311. Please assist. Thanks.

• Hi @alogarta,

BIOS 311 is the one we released to fix this issue.

Please provide a short video of the current issue on your device.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.