ScorpionScorpion Level 1
edited September 30 in ROG Phone
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9
Frequency of Occurrence: .
Rooted: No
APP Name: System

1) What's the deal with the blur effect on the lock screen? The picture was normally visible on Android 8, but now it has some blur effect on Android 9, how can I disable it?

2) I was able to make the icons way smaller on Android 8, now the smallest size on Android 9 is about the medium size on Android 8.

3) When I recieve a call, I was able to put the call in the background (without taking any action on the call ) on Android 8, now with Android 9 I'm forced to answer , cancel or wait until the call screen ends. Any solution?

Comments

• Last edited by Koudmaker on 2019/12/4 07:12

1. use the classic theme that is stock Android like pixel style i've you like it.
    2. I found that to and it looks awful
    3. i don't no what navigation button are you using. Did pressing the home button or when you get a call its full screen? (I'm using the Pill style navigation keys.
  • Hi Scorpion666,

1) We have checked with the relevant team about whether this is a new design.

2) Do you mean the app icon size? Did you adjust the display size to get a smaller icon size?

3) You can enable heads-up notifications when you receive a call.
    Phone app > three dots on top right > Settings > Call screen > Use heads-up notifications.
    Please check if this is the feature you are looking for.

Thank you :)
  • @JeiAsus. 
    The clear all option in recent tabs is not working . Have to manually close all
  • there is no wifi network selection in the slide menu just on and off 
  • msauc2003 posted on 2019/12/5 22:58
    there is no wifi network selection in the slide menu just on and off 

Tap and hold dude. And you shall be at selection.
    Takes the same amount of time.
    It is stock android.
    Though i also preferred the dropdown way.
  • maailasif posted on 2019/12/5 18:38
    @JeiAsus. 
    The clear all option in recent tabs is not working . Have to manually close all ...

Works fine for me.
    If you have optiflex enabled, thoose apps that are selected there for "faster launch" stay in memory even if you press clear all.
    Optiflex is on by default, and selects apps automatically by use.
  • 1: i also agree.
    We could see clock\notifications just fine the old way.
    Would be nice to have an option to disable the blackish blur system overlay thingy.
    But it is definety useful in terms of battery and burn ins.
    2: i was set to middle of the slider in oreo.
    In pie, its now the default size, and i can only go 1 lower.
    We are definetly missing 1 smaller option.
    Though that is sooo small, i have no idea why anybody would use it.
    3:pressing home button still works for me.
    Or sliding up to get to homescreen in my case.
  • Hello,

icons are borked, are fking huge on this big screen, make them little again!!!

Other things is the dumb volume sliders, why move them to side of screen, can't even adjust them individually anymore without open the settings volume page... FIX IT BACK!

And recent programs view option, there should be a option / setting to swap to the normal view, i don't llike this to see one by one recent opened app but how it was stacked before one over the other was perfect!
  • Hi Scorpion666,

About the filter effect in lock screen, we have added an option in the latest firmware WW-16.0420.1911.6 to let users choose whether to turn on this effect: Settings > Security & lock screen > Lock screen preferences > Tint lock screen.

You may check for the update in Settings > System > System updates.

Thank you and have a nice day :)
  • Jei_ASUS posted on 2020/1/9 08:57
    Hi Scorpion666,

About the filter effect in lock screen, we have added an option in the latest firmw ...

Hi Jei_ASUS,
    Thanks for making it possible!
  • Scorpion666 posted on 2020/1/11 15:46
    Hi Jei_ASUS,
    Thanks for making it possible!

Hi Scorpion666,

You're welcome :)
  • The main exceptional component is the straightforwardness of the interface, clients can completely investigate the highlights of this application. The rearrangements of the panda gamepad pro apk interface of the application adds to causing gamers to feel great since they can without much of a stretch become accustomed to. Not just that, Panda Gamepad Pro isn't just structured with a straightforward interface yet in addition has numerous other remarkable highlights. For different applications, you have to clone your application to utilize the gamepad.
  • TzunnyTzunny Level 1
    Got another "fix" update, but nothing about any of the display issues mentioned here !
  • Last edited by midlitegaming on 2020/1/31 07:21

Is there anyway to roll back to 8.0? In addition to things mentioned above, the Pie update seemingly broke twinview dock functionality for me (ROG Phone 1). On 8.0, I could run any two apps flawlessly, game+web browser, game+video streaming, even game+another game worked without hiccups. Now on Pie, even just trying to use a web browser while having a game up on the other screen will eithr cause lag on both ends, crash one app, crash both apps, or worse yet lock up the entire phone and cause it to reboot. And this is constant occurrence, my only solution so far is just to use one app at a time, but then that's not why I bought the twinview dock in the first place.

Oh and to stay on topic, I have two more things I don't like. 1. Why is it that I can't change the clock style on the lock screen? I'm using the classic/pixel-like theme, yet the clock still looks like the ROG theme one. 2. In addition to the quick settings drawer being harder to use in general, the Bluetooth quick setting especially is much worse. In 8.0 you used to have a drop down button right next to the Bluetooth quick setting so that you could quickly connect to a paired device, but that's gone in Pie. So now you have to go into settings > connected devices > Bluetooth > connect to a paired device. Now 4 steps vs 1.
  • midlitegaming posted on 2020/1/31 20:08
    Is there anyway to roll back to 8.0? In addition to things mentioned above, the Pie update seemingly ...

Hi midlitegaming,

Could you tell us the respective apps/versions running on twinview dock?
    Does any specific actions cause crash?

Why is it that I can't change the clock style on the lock screen? I'm using the classic/pixel-like theme
    > Could you tell us which theme you're using?

the Bluetooth quick setting especially is much worse
    > Tap and hold the Bluetooth quick setting can take you to the pair device page directly.

Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.