juliusleal
Star I
Model: ZS620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Android Pie September update
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Rooted: No
APP Name: Bluetooth

I noticed that ever since the Pie update my Wi-Fi got weak. Poor Wi-Fi performance and poor Wi-Fi signal. It is more noticeable whenever I put my phone in landscape mode and put my hands on both sides i.e. playing games. Last night, I was playing games when my Wi-Fi got disconnected. I had to go downstairs to go near the router. So I was there standing in front of the router playing. Everything is okay, but when I turned my back on to the router, the Wi-Fi level dropped. Yeah, dropped to the lowest level. Same spot where I was standing, I just turned my back. That's when I knew there really is a problem with Wi-Fi. I never had this experience in Oreo.
1 REPLY 1

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi juliusleal, Is your firmware version WW-90.11.162.98? Please try resetting your network settings and try again. (Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth) Could you tell me the brand and model of the WiFi router that has this problem? Have you tried connecting to a different router? Do other phones connected to this same WiFi have the same problem at the same time? Please show us a screenshot of your WiFi information. (Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > tap on the WiFi already connected to access Network info) Thank you 🙂