This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenphone 3 back camera does not focus - Free camera replace or not?

catalinm
Star I
Model: ZE552KL
RAM: 4GB
Firmware/App Version: WW_15.0410.1807.75_0
Rooted: No
App Name:
Description: The rear camera does not focus. Will be replaced by Asus for free, regardless of warranty status?

Hi, I have an Asus Zenphone 3 ZE552KL (ASUS_Z012DA) and the rear camera does not focus. I have already contacted Asus Romania related to this issue since July 15, 2019 hoping that Asus will replace the camera for free, regardless of its warranty status, as I understood from this post (https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=151073&pid=896054). They have responded very fast and they were very polite, but they seem doesn't know about this Asus decision regarding Zenfone 3 camera issue, so they have asked their superiour department in order to have an answer or a kind of approval to change the camera for free. Unfortunately, I haven't received an answer from them (maybe they didn't received an answer from their superiour department?). I want to mention that the warranty period was expired, and that the phone was bought from a company that looks legit, but it seems that it is not an agreed Asus distributor in Romania. Will I benefit in this case of free camera replace by Asus? Or should I change the camera using my own money? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

ServiceH_ASUS
Star III
Hi catalinm Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we do apologize for the poor experience and we'll do our best to assist.Could you send us a private message with your serial number,phone and name, please. Thank you:)

Update