Very slow charging!

edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

I noticed that since the new uptade my phone is charging very slow! It used to take about two hours, but now it takes up to six. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Hi pasca_mar,

Is fast-charging enabled?
    Were you using your phone at the same time you were charging?
    Are you using the original charger?

Thank you :)
  • Hi there! Yes, the phone has the original charger. I just encountered this problem after the new sistem update a week ago or so. My phone charges in 10 HOURS! As I read through the forum, a lot of users have the same problem. Might it be a update issue?

Thanks!
  • And yes, fast charging is enabled. I can see that on the bottom of my locked screen.
  • I have same problem. After new firmware charge too slow. Pls new firmware for this bug
  • Today 35% charging for 6hours. I have zenfone ze620kl with firmware ww_16_0615_1907_105. I'm tryed with another charge and cable 3.0 and same too. 
  • pasca_mar posted on 2019/8/17 03:28
    Hi there! Yes, the phone has the original charger. I just encountered this problem after the new sis ...

Hi pasca_mar,

Are you using your phone while charging? If turning network off and charge without using your phone, how long does it take?
    If you are using your phone while charging, could you check if any specific apps are draining battery?

• phph posted on 2019/8/18 07:13
    Today 35% charging for 6hours. I have zenfone ze620kl with firmware ww_16_0615_1907_105. I'm tryed w ...

Hi phph,

Could you test when not using the phone and turning off network, how long does it take to charge?
    If you are using the phone while charging, are any specific apps draining the battery?

• HI Jai. I don't use my phone during charging, and as I checked, there are no apps draining the battery. I also tried changing with my network and Wi-Fi off but it has the same result. 8 to 10 hours of changing....
  • Hi Jei. I am not using my phone while charging and there are no apps draining the battery. I also turned off network and Wi-Fi but still the same result, 8 to 10 hours of changing...
  • pasca_mar posted on 2019/8/25 00:51
    HI Jai. I don't use my phone during charging, and as I checked, there are no apps draining the batte ...

Hi pasca_mar,

Is this problem still appearing in the latest firmware version WW-16.0615.1908.109?

• I noticed that while charging the notification at bottom showing 3 minutes to full charge and I set the timer for 3 minutes, after the timer end the phone shows 2 minutes to full charge. Last time it would full charge according to the notification. I am on latest firmware 
  • Hi pasca_mar! Try to recharge your phone powered off, so we can check and isolate if it's a software issue or a battery one. Maybe it's a coincidence, but appears to be a deffective battery. Just a guess. Best regards.
This discussion has been closed.