TheseMoodTheseMood Level 2
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: .
Frequency of Occurrence: .
Rooted: No
APP Name:

After the last update, the camera got worse. Everything works so bad. The interface is very slow. The opening time of applications has increased significantly. The camera really sucks. The portrait mode has got worse and the portrait light has become confused. The night shoots got worse. I regret that I installed the latest update.

Comments

• I agree with you. The latest update is very bad. I have the same problems. And about the camera, install Google Camera and forget about the standard application.
  • LuffyLuffy Level 1
    I agree with you. Performance and camera bad.
  • I can't believe the Asus tech team can make such bad software!

They can make a version that was practically stable worse and replace it with a bugged version.
  • If an application camera is better than Asus' phone, why do we use Asus? I'd tell Asus to fix the interface, but he hasn't fixed his camera yet.
  • LuffyLuffy Level 1
    1) The interface is not fast.
    2) Camera night shots are bad.
    3) The main camera takes a yellow picture when the flash is on.
    4) Since switching to Android 9, the battery performance is very poor.
    5) New camera modes are not added (Instagram video time, Night Sight vs.)
  • The camera software is very bad, they should use the Google Camera software. The camera doesn't show the skin tone as it is, but it shows poor quality like fake photos.
  • yusufofficiall01 posted on 2019/7/27 05:28
    The camera software is very bad, they should use the Google Camera software. The camera doesn't show ...

Record a video make the skin tone reddish too..... Why Asus make such a thing..
  • MonkeyDLuffy posted on 2019/7/27 00:48
    1) The interface is not fast.
    3) The main camera takes a yellow pict ...

4) You should try factory resetting your phone, i tried and the battery life is much better.
  • LuffyLuffy Level 1
    hieule.pp posted on 2019/7/27 03:24
    4) You should try factory resetting your phone, i tried and the battery life is much better.

I made factory reset.
    Android 8 Display time: 9 hours,
    Android 9 Display time: 6 hours
  • Hi all,

Could you show us a short video of the system slow experience?
    Please tell us does it feel slow when performing any certain actions?

If you would like to show us a short video, you may enable " Pointer location" and "Show taps" in developer options to provide clearer information: Settings > System > Developer options > enable " Pointer location" & "Show taps"
    (If you have not enabled developer options yet, please go to Settings > System > About phone > Software information > Tap "Build number" for 7 times)

To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us.

Thanks for your help :)
  • Hi yusufofficiall01,

Thanks for your feedback.
    • the camera got worse. The portrait mode has got worse and the portrait light has become confused. The night shoots got worse.
    --> Could you show us an original photo of this experience? This could help us greatly :)
    To prevent quality loss, you may upload the photo to ASUS WebStorage and share the link with us.- Please also tell us the lighting and show me the settings of your camera when you took the pictures.
    1. Which camera mode (Please take a screenshot of the page after opening up Camera.)
    2. Tap "Settings" on the top-right corner in camera, then screenshot this page.
    • the opening time of applications has increased significantly.
    --> Could you tell us which apps this happens to?
    Please tell us the app and version, and show us a short video of the problem if possible.

• Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/7/30 10:08
    MonkeyDLuffy posted on 2019/7/26 17:19
    I agree with you. Performance and camera bad.
    Hi MonkeyDLuffy,

Could you show us an original photo of the camera experience? This could help us greatly.

To prevent quality loss, you may upload the photo to ASUS WebStorage and share the link with us.- Please also tell us the lighting and show me the settings of your camera when you took the pictures.
    1. Which camera mode (Please take a screenshot of the page after opening up Camera.)
    2. Tap "Settings" on the top-right corner in camera, then screenshot this page.

3) The main camera takes a yellow picture when the flash is on.
    This problem has been reported to the tech team and we are looking into the problem.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

4) Since switching to Android 9, the battery performance is very poor.

Is the battery performance poor in sleep mode or screen on?

• kingghaffar76 posted on 2019/7/27 07:17
    Record a video make the skin tone reddish too..... Why Asus make such a thing..

Hi kingghaffar76,

Record a video make the skin tone reddish too
    --> Could you tell us in which camera mode this problem appears?
    Please also tell me the lighting and show me the settings of your camera when you took the pictures.
    1. Which camera mode (Screenshot of the page after opening up Camera.)
    2. Tap on "Settings" on the top-right corner in camera, then screenshot this page.

• Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/7/30 09:10
    Hi kingghaffar76,

Record a video make the skin tone reddish too

Yes, I can. But for the video that make the skin tone red are already deleted cause i dont like it. The lighting is outdoor when about 4:30pm GMT+7. The setting is exactly same like the photo. And the mode is normal video FHD 120fps.
  • Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/7/30 09:05
    Hi MonkeyDLuffy,

I just want to say the battery is not good at both condition
  • I've been facing the same problem with night shots after update, here's a photo https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d1e5eol2Dkf_hOL5nP9g92XE8YBcbTLB/view?usp=drivesdk
    Although the scene is not so dark, the details are washed away and the photo looks blurry, noise is visible. But the photo looks brighter than what i saw and that's the good thing. I hope this will help you to improve the photo quality in future update and i also have a suggestion: you can add zenfone 6's super night mode to the zenfone 5's camera, that can really help.
  • LuffyLuffy Level 1
    Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/7/30 04:05
    Hi MonkeyDLuffy,

Hello @Jei_ASUS ,

2)
    Pixel Master Camera 4.2.11.5_190702 (No Flash):
    Attachment not found.

Google Camera (Gcam) 2.0.190420.0415 (No Flash):
    Attachment not found.

1. Automatic night mode (Pixel Master)
    Attachment not found.

2. Asus Camera Settings (Always Default)
    Attachment not found.

3) I'm waiting for you to solve the yellow flash problem. Thanks.

4) Battery performance loss with display on. Android 8 Display time: 9 hours, Android 9 Display time: 6 hours
    Attachment not found.
  • kingghaffar76 posted on 2019/7/30 17:23
    Yes, I can. But for the video that make the skin tone red are already deleted cause i dont like it ...

Hi kingghaffar76,

Thanks for your reply.
    We have tested recording videos with the rear camera.
    We would like to understand, does the skin tone feel reddish when you are watching the video on your phone?
    Please check when you transfer the video file to your PC, does the skin tone feel reddish as well?
    Could you show me your color settings? Settings > Display > Splendid.

Thank you :)

• Hi Thesemood0,

Sorry for our late reply.
    Thanks for your photos.
    Sorry, is the problem you are describing happening in the latest firmware version?
    If yes, we're afraid we would need photos taken in the latest firmware version WW-16.0615.1907.105 and camera version 4.2.11.5 to help you make sure.
    For portrait mode and night shoot, is the problem still appearing in the latest firmware version?

Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.