edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16.0615.1907.105
Frequency of Occurrence: a
Rooted: No
APP Name: Interface

Last edited by flaviosoares84_8W3 on 2019/7/25 12:21

Simply the versionWW_16.0615.1907.105 was the worst version ever released by Asus for the Zenfone 5 ZE620KL.The interface got extremely slow, transition between apps crashed the system, twin apps didn't work when used with digital lock, and several other busg.

Comments

• I have the same problem. Asus, fix it!
  • Hi flaviosoares84_8W3,

We are sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience.
    We would like to understand more about this experience.

The interface got extremely slow
    --> Could you show us a short video of the system slow experience?
    Please tell us does it feel slow when performing any certain actions?

If you would like to show us a short video, you may enable " Pointer location" and "Show taps" in developer options to provide clearer information.
    - If you have not enabled developer options yet: please go to Settings > System > About phone > Software information > Tap "Build number" for 7 times > Settings > System > Developer options > enable " Pointer location" & "Show taps".

To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us.

transition between apps crashed the system
    --> Does it appear between any specific apps?
    Please tell us the app and show us a screenshot or video if possible. This could help us greatly.

twin apps didn't work when used with digital lock
    --> Could you tell us what you are referring to by digital lock?
    Thanks for your help :)
  • Good Morning

Sorry for the dictation error, but when I said of the bug I was referring to the fingerprint lock. After the last update it stopped working.

Please fix it.
  • yes me too I have same problem
  • Last edited by flaviosoares84_8W3 on 2019/8/9 09:35

Unfortunately Asus destroyed a stable version and replaced it with that horrible version.

The quality of the camera is disastrous, the HDR bursts the background of the photos, leaving the quality very poor. I have to turn off the HDR to get reasonable pictures.

with HDR / No HDR
  • It looks like there is new firmware available here - https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Did anyone try this?
  • These has happened to my ZE620KL after updating to the latest firmware (WW-16.0615.1907.105):
    1) fast charging not working
    - I am using original cable and charger. also tried different cable and different (qc3.0) charger.
    - tried to charge in all mode (standard, idle (airplane mode), safe mode, idle & safe mode, turned off).
    - no fast charging in all conditions above.

2) USB OTG not detected.
    - tried different USB OTG Drives (some type-C and type-A with adapter, all of them are FAT partitions). none worked.

3) Unable to connect to pc for file transfer (only charge).
    - tried using both original cable and other data cable for connecting to PC. also tried different laptops. none worked.

4) phone-unlocking by fingeprint lagged a bit. it was instantaneous before upgrade.
  • I have the same problem. Pls fix in the next firmware. Fast charge no work
  • flaviosoares84_8W3 posted on 2019/8/9 22:26
    Unfortunately Asus destroyed a stable version and replaced it with that horrible version.

The quali ...

Hi flaviosoares84_8W3,

For fingerprint unlock problem, it has been improved in the latest firmware version. We would suggest that you update to the latest firmware version WW-16.0615.1908.109 and check again.

About the camera HDR feedback:
    ASUS's camera tuning is the result of considering the comprehensive environment. It is recommended that users can adjust the camera settings according to different scenes and effects preferences.
    Thank you. :)
  • clupie posted on 2019/8/11 17:42
    These has happened to my ZE620KL after updating to the latest firmware (WW-16.0615.1907.105):
    1) fas ...

Hi clupie,

Are these problems appearing in the latest firmware version WW-16.0615.1908.109?

For problem 2 & 3, we would suggest that you have the unit sent in for an assessment and services where necessary.
    The link below will help in finding your local service center: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

For problem 1,
    Does it show fast charging on the lock screen when you charge?
    Does it feel slow when the phone is in sleep mode or when using the phone while charging?
    Please try testing how long it takes to charge when using the original ASUS charger:
    1) Clear the background apps in recent app list.
    2) Turn off the screen and keep the phone in sleep mode while charging the phone.
    > Check how long it takes to charge from __% to 100%, and provide the time to us.

For problem 4,
    Fingerprint has been improved in the latest firmware version.

Thank you :)
  • phph posted on 2019/8/25 04:29
    I have the same problem. Pls fix in the next firmware. Fast charge no work

Hi phph,

We would suggest that you update to the latest firmware version WW-16.0615.1908.109 and check again.

If the problem is still appearing:
    We would recommend that you test with the original ASUS charger.
    Does it show fast charging on the lock screen when you charge?
    Does it feel slow when the phone is in sleep mode or when using the phone while charging?

Please try testing how long it takes to charge:
    1) Clear the background apps in recent app list.
    2) Turn off the screen and keep the phone in sleep mode while charging the phone.
    > Check how long it takes to charge from __% to 100%, and provide the time to us.

Thank you :)
  • Did I say that the WIND_16_0615_1907_105-0 version was updated to the problem with the unlocking of the phone by fingerprint .... for this version of the phone when will the update come out to fix the errors?
  • This is stupid, QuickCharge is QuickCharge, a standard by Qualcomm not Asus. Any and all QC chargers should be the same (yes, there are 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 version). Yet Asus keeps insisting that we use Asus's own charger for best performance? My Xiaomi phone does NOT even come with a QC charger but when I plug it into any QC chargers, even a QC powerbank, it just Quickcharge.
This discussion has been closed.