ALX15
Star I
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: OPM.WW_Phone-15-2016.1902.340-20190216
Frequency of Occurrence: Almost all the time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hi, Since I purchase the phone I have been experimenting lot of networks issue (bad Wlan and 3G signal), I was specting for some resolution in some system upgrade, but it did not happen. I can deal with the Wlan bad signal, but the 3g reception problem is annoying. I saw that there a ton of posts about the 3g networking issue, and there are no formal resolution for it... Please, could you try to do something from software perspective, I do not care if there are some advanced option to use more battery to the radio, but I have a phone that have battery for 3 days, but im not able to be sure if im receiving the calls, or IM.... Thanks AC.
5 REPLIES 5

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/4/16 11:01 Hi ALX15, Could you tell me your firmware version? For 3G signal issue, 1) Please try resetting your network. (Settings > Connections > More > Network settings reset.) 2) Please tell me your mobile network provider. 3) Please show me a screenshot of the signal strength when the problem appears. (Settings > System > About phone > Status > SIM status) 4) Please change to another SIM card by another network provider, and check if the problem still appears. Please also put your SIM card into other phones and check if the problem appears. 5) What kind of location does this happen? Are you in any building/ on a transportation/ in the basement/indoors or outdoors? Please check in other locations as well. 6) Please show me a screenshot or a short video of the problem appearing. To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. For WiFi issue, Could you tell me the brand and model of the WiFi router that has this problem? Have you tried connecting to a different router? Do other phones connected to this same WiFi have the same problem at the same time? Please show us a screenshot of your WiFi information. Thank you 🙂

ALX15
Star I
Hi, Thanks for your reply: Could you tell me your firmware version? Androird 8.1.0 - OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.340-2019216 For 3G signal issue, 1) Please try resetting your network. (Settings > Connections > More > Network settings reset.) 2) Please tell me your mobile network provider. I had Movistar, and then changed to Personal, and had the same problem on both 3) Please show me a screenshot of the signal strength when the problem appears. (Settings > System > About phone > Status > SIM status) 4) Please change to another SIM card by another network provider, and check if the problem still appears. I Already did that when change from one company to another one, and was the same history. Please also put your SIM card into other phones and check if the problem appears. 5) What kind of location does this happen? Are you in any building/ on a transportation/ in the basement/indoors or outdoors? Always happen in big buildings or on the subway (in both cases the people from the same mobile Network provider are able to use Mobile data) Please check in other locations as well. On open spaces use to work fine, unleas that i came from the subway and it takes some time to re-connect over again. 6) Please show me a screenshot or a short video of the problem appearing. To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. For WiFi issue, Could you tell me the brand and model of the WiFi router that has this problem? In my house I use a Linksys EA6500, and a Mikrotik as well, and have the problem with both signals streings, and have way beter reception with my previos Asus Padfone S+ Have you tried connecting to a different router? Yes at work, they use Aruba Wireless and when campared with another teamates, all of them have better signal straing, and in University campus they use Cisco, and the same history. Do other phones connected to this same WiFi have the same problem at the same time? No, I had many tablets and notebooks at home, and non of them suffer the same problem Please show us a screenshot of your WiFi information. As i mentioned, the wifi signal straing is something that i deal with, because i just feel that i have less reception than the other ones (3g and Wlan), but the Mobile Data signal Straingh is what kills me. Thanks, Regards, Alexis

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
ALX15 posted on 2019/4/23 22:54 I am not sure if the uploaded Screenshots are visible for you, in that case i will let the link on G ...
Hi ALX15, Thank you for your photos. Could you kindly switch to English and screenshot if possible? Is your location Argentina? Are your network plans 3G in both Movistar and Personal? Could you show me a screenshot of the signal strength in the settings when the problem appears? (Settings > System > About phone > Status > SIM status) How does it affect use when the mobile network problem appears? Can you load any websites? Please show me a screenshot of when the problem appears. Thank you 🙂