joellyv
Star I
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 340
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
Rooted: No
APP Name:

From the very start of using this phone, the people I have spoken to with this phone have reported very poor call quality from my end. They state that it sounds like I'm, at times, underwater and very faint and robotic sounding. I have tried with different sim cards in different slots and the result is the same. When speaking to the same people through a different handset and the same sims, no such issues are reported, so it is clearly an issue with this phone. I have seen several other people reporting the same issue with this phone. I was hoping that this would be resolved as part of the 340 update, but, having updated to this version, there is clearly no improvement. When is this going to be fixed, as this is a fundamental problem with this phone that needs resolving as a matter of priority?
2 REPLIES 2

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi joellyv, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you tell me your SIM carrier and location? Is the problem appearing on SIM call with the preloaded calling app? Do other third party apps have this problem? Is the problem others cannot hear you clearly? Can you hear others clearly on your side? Have you tried in different locations? Thank you 🙂

joellyv
Star I
Hello, I have tried this with both Virgin and Plusnet SIMs, both of which exhibit the same issues, so it is highly unlikely it is to do with the carrier. I have tried with the default calling app. I have never had any need with any other handset to try any other apps for this purpose Do you have a suggestion then? I can hear people, but they struggle to hear me (sometimes I am faint, sometimes I am distorted, sometimes it sounds like I'm underwater apparently). I have tried in various different locations and the result is the same. This issue appears to have been reported on several Zenfone models, so this would suggest the issue lies with the Asus firmware and/or hardware.