ASUS 5z slow charging speed after January security patch.

Comments

• Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/19 13:19
    Hi nickbipul,

Good day.

Having same problem as well , after on my ai changing it's showing same .. I HV to re boot my phone after that it's changed like previously .
  • M facing same problem as too I HV to restart Everytime to charge my Mobile faster . It's a software issue . Plz fix this as soon as possible . 
  • Hello everyone this is in regards of the charging issue in ASUS 5z after update so here is the issue, when charger is initially plugged the current will fluctuate somewhere i ln between 500-1000 ma, if i plug and unplug the cable from phone a couple of times charging will begin at faster rate and reach upto 2600 ma. Not sure if this is a software or hardware issue
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    We've improved this problem in the latest system version WW-90.11.162.50.
    Please kindly help me update the firmware to the latest for a check.
    (settings> system > check update)

Thank you.
  • Last edited by wissim.wm on 2019/4/10 05:42

Attachment not found.I still have the same problem after updating version WW-90.11.162.50.
  • I have been facing the exact charging issue with my ASUS 5z. Most of the times, it shows 3 hours to charge completely, and the amount of time continues to increase , goes upto 5hrs. Can't expect this shit when you pay so much money for a flagship phone. Patch updates making the phone worse day by day. Expecting a real fix for this battery problem very soon. 
  • I've been waiting for a month to fix this issue yet asus had no answer to the problem.
  • Same problem even after 90.11.162 update
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/4/10 11:58
    Hi All,

Good day.

The problem is not resolved. Asus please do something fast.
  • Restart the phone just before charging..it works that time
  • iuliubalas03 posted on 2019/4/15 20:23
    The problem is not resolved. Asus please do something fast.

Hi iuliubalas03,

Good day.
    May I know whether your device model is ZS620KL?

Thank you.
  • Hi tutu.sidhartha and All,

Good day.
    I've texted you by PM, please kindly check your message box.

We would appreciate your reply.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/4/17 17:56
    Hi iuliubalas03,

Good day.

Yes, my device model is ZS620KL
  • I am sorry to say this Asus, but you are extremely disrespectful to your costumers. This slow charging problem is still here after a long period of time. It takes more than 4 hours to full charge and "ai charging" can't be deactivated. I only can charge my device over night. Even a 4 year's old  and cheap phone charges faster. I was trusting You, but this is my last Asus phone.
  • iuliubalas03 posted on 2019/4/23 20:15
    I am sorry to say this Asus, but you are extremely disrespectful to your costumers. This slow chargi ...

Hello iuliubalas03,

We apologize for any unpleasant experience.
    May I know whether your firmware is currently on WW-90.11.162.50?
    Do you use the stock adapter shipped with ZS620KL?

I've texted you by PM, please kindly check it.

Thanks and have a good day. :)
  • Yes, my firmware is WW-90.11.162.50 and i use only the stock adapter.
  • iuliubalas03 posted on 2019/4/24 15:42
    Yes, my firmware is WW-90.11.162.50 and i use only the stock adapter.

Hi iuliubalas03,

Thanks for your reply.
    I've texted you by PM, please kindly check your message box.

Thank you. :)
  • I saw your message. It seems you do not understand that the problem is always there!!! Not from 40 to 60 percent or something else. It is charging with 500 mA constantly. Not with 18 W as it was before the pie update
  • I do not have time for tests as You asked. I think you just don't care Asus.......
  • Hi iuliubalas03

We apologize for any unpleasant experience.
    We are addressing your case in a proactive way. If you agree to help us record a log of this case, our tech team could understand more and do further analysis. Or I suggest you can change another cable for a check.
    If this problem still persists, please kindly backup phone files, bring your device, adapter, and cable to a local service center to exam this caused by software or hardware issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/