ASUS 5z slow charging speed after January security patch.

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Version WW-90.10.138.181
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by nickbipul on 2019/2/28 06:49

I have suddenly been experiencing slow charging on my ASUS 5z after January security patch before i get my ASUS 5z charged up in just a hour but now it takes more than 2 hr to fully charged. Now it seems like fast charging have been switched off with the update.i request asus to please see this matter and fixed it as soon as possible...

Comments

• Hi nickbipul,

Good day.
    Have you turned on the AI Charging or Scheduled Charging?
    Do you use Asus original adapter and cable?
    I would suggest you change another cable for a check.
    Please turn on "Air Plan" mode to charge the device on idle.

Thank you.
  • Last edited by nickbipul on 2019/2/23 20:56

No i haven't ON the AI charging or scheduled charging and yes I'm using the original adapter and cable and i even checked with another cable, actually I'm experiencing this slow charging with that too. Now this problem occurs since i updated the 181 January security patch and since then it takes lots of time to fully charged up, i even tested it, if i charge from 25% it take 3-4hr to fully charged. before update it used to just take me 50min to1hr to fully charged my device please provide us solutions.
  • Yes, after the Jan patch charging speed reduced very much. I wish I didn't upgrade.
  • Same issue is with my 5z, charging goes upto 1580ma but then the software brings it down to 680ma-720ma.
    It is surely a software issue. Problem occured immediately after applying January security update via FOTA on 22-02-2019.
  • <font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">J'ai le même problème ! Solution svp ?!</font></font>
  • Hi,
    Even I am facing the slow charging issue after .181 update. I am using the stock charger along with the default cable. I have turned on AI charging feature and still it doesn't show "Battery under AI protection" notification and charges phone terribly slow. Please report this issue with your tech team.

Thanks
  • Yes, iam also facing the issue
    Charging very slow after the latest January update. 181
  • I am also facing the same bug. This started happening after WW-90.10.138.181 update. Previously it was not there. Please fix it developers! This slow charging thing is irritating, have tried many QC3 chargers but it is happening on all.
  • I have been highlighting this issue for a month to u Asus team....already posted twice reagarding this....please fix this fast
    ..charging is utter slow
  • Almost many facing this issue..... kindly resolve it
  • When will Asus's software come without any bugs ?
  • Same here same issue that is disappointed with the asus
  • vkk178vkk178 Level 1
    Agree .. quick charging didn't seem to be working properly
  • I am also facing the same issue...hope the next OTA fixes this bug. Please fix this ASAP! 
  • The firmware WW-90.10.138.181 is the issue. I have rolled back to oreo and now my device is charging the normal way. So its the faulty update and not the phone or the charger. This is so irritating. Asus give us a fix asap.
  • same issue with me after updated to WW-90.10.138.181
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/19 13:19
    Hi nickbipul,

Good day.

Hey Emilee i hope you have noticed that so many people are facing the same charging issue. Please bring this to notice of asus devs so that it gets fixed in the next update.
  • i am also facing charging issue. slow charging.
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/3/13 10:29

Hi All,

Good day.
    The slow charging problem is under investigation.
    We'll get back to you if there's anything coming up.

Sorry for any inconvenience.