Way too big RAM usage

edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.10.138.175
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Before I upgraded to Android 9 the pre-installed app icon showed >4 GB free, sometimes >3, but after memory cleaning it went to 4. Now it shows >1 GB free and ~4.5GB used. That is WAY TOO MUCH. When I try to clean the memory, it goes to >4 GB free briefly and then it returns to >1GB again. It started doing this maybe a week ago. Also I noticed that battery life went straight to hell since it started doing this. What should I do to fix that? I am trying to avoid factory reset.

Comments

• Hi krivanek.prilohy,

Good day.
    I would suggest you update the firmware to the latest WW-90.10.138.181.
    If this problem still appears, please kindly check your inbox. I've texted you by PM.

Thank you. :)
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/19 09:13
    Hi krivanek.prilohy,

Good day.

Hello Dear Emilee

Maybe someone also has the same problem? Why are these problems solved in a private message?
  • Last edited by rockingsahil.120 on 2019/2/20 14:41
    chosenon33 posted on 2019/2/20 06:15
    Hello Dear Emilee

Maybe someone also has the same problem? Why are these problems solved in a pr ...

Yes,
    I am also facing the same issue. And solution should really be public
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/19 16:13
    Hi krivanek.prilohy,

Good day.

Wow, why this has to be a private message? We also having the same problem and why cannot solve in public?
  • Last edited by khangdang.arch on 2019/2/24 13:29

Lucky me, still stay with latest Oreo.
  • Hi chosenon33 and rockingsahil.120,

Thanks for your information.
    The memory management problem after Android Pie update is still investigating.

Thank you.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/22 14:24
    Hi chosenon33 and rockingsahil.120,

Thanks for your information.

Thanks for the reply @Emile,

Hope the problem will get solved soon :)
  • Hi krivanek.prilohy and All,

Good day.
    After confirming with our tech team,
    1. Because the RAM max cached processes on Android O & P have different upper limits, so there're differences on memory usage.
    2. We would suggest you try to enable the super clean mode. (Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super clean mode to clean up)

Thank you.
  • The thing is that the battery life went down the drain since it started behaving like this. Before it did one and a half day with no problem, now it even doesn't make it through the day, after 10 hours the battery is flat. 
  • I have the same problem with the battery
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    Could you kindly help me let the battery charge more than 30 minutes even the battery percentage shows 100?
    If this problem still present, could you kindly help us to capture a log again?

Or I would suggest you can wait for the next update. :)

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.