Charging Connected Device Via USB

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.10.138.175_20190117
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
Rooted: No
APP Name:
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201902/09/114842gc5ynt2thwqcssw5.jpg

This notification shows permanently when disconnected from a USB and I am unable to dismiss it.

Why is this showing?

My USB-C port is still working perfectly.

It has only began occuring from about a week after I installed the Android 9 update.

Is there any way to dismiss this?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi bronancosti,

Good day.
    Do you mean the " connected device" still there if you remove the USB cable?
    Does this problem appear after reboot the device?

Thank you.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/11 20:13
    Hi bronancosti,

Good day.

Hi Emilee,

The notification shows when the device is disconnected from the cable.

It persists even after turning the phone off and on again.

I have added an example of what it looks like in my notification area. It cannot be dismissed even though there is no USB connected.

Thanks,

Bronan
  • Hi bronancosti,

Good day.
    Sorry for my late reply.
    Please kindly update the firmware to the latest WW-90.10.138.181 for a check.
    If this problem still appears, please kindly let me know.

Wish you a nice day.
  • whenever i attach a usb cable i need too select the "this Device" option to charged my phone. after the latest update it started. I factory rest but still the notification has not gone stated that "charging connected device via usb "
  • The problem has been resolved after the latest patch for me!
  • Last edited by pra143kitpc on 2019/4/4 15:32

i have update to latest version but still there is a notification
  • pra143kitpc posted on 2019/4/4 18:29
    i have update to latest version but still there is a notification

Hi pra143kitpc,

Good day,
    I would suggest you update the system to the latest WW-90.11.162.50.

Thank you.
  • Hi,

I have since yesterday the same bug and it appeared after the last upgrade performed a couple of days ago to WW_100.10.107.70_20200320.

I have that permanent silent notification regarding Android System - Charging the connected device via USB.

It persists while there is no connected cable.

Rebooting doesn't help getting rid of it.

Even worse, when I plug the charger it won't charge unless I tap on that notification and choose USB controlled by this device!I And Ican't choose that option to make it the default if the charger is not plugged to the phone!

• Charging connected via USB problem and Slow Charging

When there is no connect USB why showing this notification

• Hi friends,

The latest version WW-100.10.107.87 is now on our official website, please check your phone Settings>System>System update, or visit our website for manual update

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• patelak96patelak96 Level 1

Phone - Asus rog phone 2

Now even I've the same problem since 2 days.. even after updating to the latest patch.. please help!!

Latest patch details

• Hi patelak96

Thank you for your asking. Because your model is ROG 2, please refer to the link below as ROG 2 forum. All the ROG 2 users and ROG 2 moderator are there, enjoy!

• paragdhabeparagdhabe Level 1

It's nothing related to patch here. There is only one and simple solution to this.

This false notification occurs because of the dirt accumulated in USB port of your phone. Switch off the phone and remove the dity using any pointed plastic piece (DO NOT USE METALLIC PIN OR ANYTHING AS IT WILL SHORT THE PINS AND PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE PHONE). Trust me there will be a lot of dust. Finally blow some air on the port and switch on the phone. Your problem should have sorted now.

• @paragdhabe you are fantastic bro.. it was really the dust with water caused the issue.. once i cleaned this was resolved.

• bsp.nikhilbsp.nikhil Level 1
    edited August 21

@paragdhabe It worked bruh. Thanks

• It has not helped me. It's showing again and the battery is draining very fast

• Hi thakkalapallypavan

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. To avoid the compatibility between the firmware system and the third party apps, please update your apps to the latest version.

2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

3. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

This discussion has been closed.