sinashbtsinashbt Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 90.10.138.175_20190117
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

I got FOTA update yesterday from Oreo to Pie. After updating, I noticed that the speaker sound quality has degraded. The output from speaker is distorted/cracked. I tried playing audio from different players, tried tweaking the audio wizard settings, nothing works. Secondly, as many users are complaining about the auto brightness issue, I too am facing the same. It is too bright than it is supposed to be.

Please look into this issues.
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi sinashbt,

Good day.
    (1.) I've tried to test and compare with Android P and Oreo, but we don't find this matter in the last version.
    I would suggest you check this matter under safe mode.
    In safe mode, only the factory pre-installed applications will be loaded.
    For instructions, please refer to the link below:
    http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3105&highlight=safe+mode

(2.) For the auto brightness, Could you tell me in which scenario do you encounter this problem? ( e.g. dark environment or light environment )

Thank you.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/31 21:41
    Hi sinashbt,

Good day.

Hello,
    Regarding the sound issue, you can see in the forum that multiple users are complaining. Its not just me. There is something wrong with the speaker output.

Regarding auto brightness, I face the issue in dark environment. The screen display is too bright in dark.

Thanks,
    Sinash
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/1 08:11
    Hi sinashbt,

Good day.

sound quality through Speaker and Earphones has Downgraded aftr Pie Update...
    plzzzz Improve Dear Team asus
  • I am also facing same issue. Sound crack when lock the device while playing music
  • Last edited by chosenon33 on 2019/2/2 16:30
    Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/1 03:41
    Hi sinashbt,

Good day.
    Hi,
    I have the same problems like as the user sinashbt.
    Brightness too bright in dark scenario in auto mode.
    Edit: I just noticed that also in manual mode the phone increases the brightness ...
    Speaker produces a deformed sound in various scenarios. While listening to music, it seems ok, but there is something wrong with system sounds.
    Android PIE
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/2/11 11:21

Hi All,

After confirming with our tech team, the "Adaptive brightness auto mode" comes with a new feature to automatically memorize user's daily behavior in Android Pie. The brightness level will have a specific range that depends on the user's usual set-up conditions. This will automatically adjust the toggle brightness level to adapt the light of your environment surroundings. So the user can adjust the brightness level manually when you enable " Auto brightness".

For the speaker sound problem, because we would like to collect more information and conditions. please kindly show me a sample (e.g. a short video) and which app do you use.

Thank you.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/2/11 08:47
    Hi All,

After confirming with our tech team, the "Adaptive brightness auto mode" comes with a new f ...

Audio Quality Downgraded aftr Pie update frm bth Loudspeakr nd Headphones...
    Volume is good but, Missing Basss nd Deepness
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/2/28 12:46

Hi sinashbtm and all

Good day.
    For the crackling sound,
    I've tried to test this matter again.
    If possible, Could you please kindly use another camera to film a video of this matter.
    Have you turned on other sounds in settings? (e.g. touch sound)
    Have you used Audio Wizard? If yes. Please show me your set-up screenshot.

Thank you.
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    I've texted you by PM, please kindly check your message box.
    We would appreciate your reply. :)
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    Could you update the system to the latest WW-90.11.162.45 for a check?

Thank you.
    Wish you a nice day.
This discussion has been closed.