Android 9 drains battery twice as faster

edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9 Pie Update
Frequency of Occurrence: Everyday
Rooted: No
APP Name:

My ze620kl was very pleasing until this update, it doesnt even last a day now.
This sucks very disappointed im selling the device if this is not solved

Comments

• By the way the phone battery is not faulty ive bought it brand new and using it for a month and a half and it was perfectly fine until this update.
    Also ram usage is very high. 
    My conclusion after the update:
    Battery drains like crazy
    Ram usage is also insane
    Buggy and slow OS
    Removed battery option "performance" 
    Notch features like status bar was removed and its now black corners like wtf

This phone is dead to me its a brick looking like an iPhone 
  • Hi sousagaming11,

Good day.
    Are your firmware version currently on WW-V16.0610.1901.74?
    Some apps that automatically start in the background may occupy memory, cause system lag, and drain battery. Please try to use the mobile manager to helps free more memory, improve system performance, and save power.
    Please refer below tips, please notice, the interface would be different because of different model and system version.
    * Auto-start Manager: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-6092-1-1.html
    * Power saving skills: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-3394-1-1.html
    *ZenUI 5 ─ What is Battery care: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035846/

Could you kindly tell me more about the "Notch features" problem that you encounter?
    Please kindly tell me your set-up in settings and error screenshot, please also point it out on the screenshot.

Thank you.
  • Last edited by lbelisa on 2019/2/3 08:37

I'm also having several problems with battery after android 9.
    Android 9 pie update (end January/2019)
    ZE620KL (ASUS_X00QLD)
    Bought zenfone 5 with android 8, i'm keeping same configuration: same apps instaled, none with automatically start, economy energy mode during night (00h until 5am) ... But it still needs frequent charging.
    I literally see the battery percentage dropping while using the phone, but it's even worse during standby (during the night): I go to bed with 62~65% and wake up with 41%!
    Thats crazy and NEVER happened before with android 8. Please fix it!
  • I can confirm what Ibelisa said, the power consumption even in standby is insane.
    Asus give us a solution not nonsense links
  • I used to charge it once a day, but it is 2 times a day. We are aware that the problem is OS not the users. So instead of giving meaningless answers we are urgently waiting for an DECENT update to solve our issues. 
  • Cmon Asus don't you see it is indeed a problem everyone has noticed?
    It needs to be solved, ladythueris is right i used to charge it once a day and i could use it for almost 2 days now its 2 charges per day. Annyoing and i bet no solution is going to be provided
  • Autonomy on the android 9 has become the other way around, do not mislead people!
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    Does this problem still appear after update to WW-16.0611.1901.1?
    If you still encounter this problem, could you please help us to perform logtool on your phone?
    If you agree, I've texted you by PM, please kindly check your message box.

Thank you.
    Have a nice weekend. :)
  • I experience this problem too, but it looks like the team at ASUS just don't care or think it's an individual problem.
  • EnesEnes Level 1
    I have the same problems. And it needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
  • Hi zenjeromeb and dersimiz03,

Thanks for your message.
    I've texted you by PM, please check your message box.

Thank you. :)
  • I live in Brazil and I have this same battery problem, after updating to android 9 Pie the consumption increased being that I keep the same applications and the same routine, in 8 Oreo I did not have that problem and Asus instead of a solution that is simple, do not care, a large and well-known company in the world claims that it does not support downgrade from android 9 to the oreo 8, regrettable.
  • Eu moro no Brasil e tenho esse mesmo problema de bateria, depois de atualizar para android 9 Pie o consumo aumentou sendo que mantenho os mesmos aplicativos e a mesma rotina, no android 8 Oreo não tive esse problema e a Asus ao invés de da uma solução que é simples, não se importam em ajudar a solucionar esse problema, uma empresa grande e bem conhecida no mundo afirma que não suporta downgrade do Android 9 para o oreo 8, lamentável.
  • FreyoFreyo Level 1
    Same problem. Please can you help us? i can get 2-3hrs SOT only :(
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/4/2 16:18

Hi All,

Good day.
    Has your firmware updated to WW-16.0615.1903.92?
    If yes. Could you please kindly tell me the phone battery consume soon when standby or during use? Could you help us to capture a log about this matter on your device?
    I've texted you by PM, please kindly check your message box.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.