Zenfone 5 Problem with video recording

gadgetxaddict17gadgetxaddict17 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series
Hi asus,
My zenfone 5 is experiencing video recording problem. I can't record video after I updated my software to WW_16_0610_1901_74. Even though I clear my camera app data and cache I still can't record video. I hope that it will be fix with the next update. Thank you

Comments

• Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/1/29 13:41

Hi gadgetxaddict17,

Good day.
    Have you tried to restore the camera app to a check?
    ( settings > apps & notifications > see all apps> app info> camera > storage & memory >clear data and cache.)

If this problem still appears, please show me your camera app version and this error screenshot when you encounter this problem.
    Could you also tell me which place do you save the photos/ videos?

Thank you. :)
  • Hi,

I tried clearing my camera app data and cache but the problem still appears, I still can't record videos. But capturing photo is ok.

I'm saving my photos and videos in my sd card. I also tried saving it to my internal storage but still can't record videos.
    Thanks
  • Hi gadgetxaddict17,

Sorry for my late reply.
    I don't find out this problem in the latest system version.
    Please kindly update the system to the latest WW- v16.0611.1901.1 for a check.

Thank you.
  • I've the same problem which my phone! 
  • same problem with my phone. latest version already
  • Hi All,

Good day.
    May I know whether your firmware is currently on the latest WW-v16.0615.1903.92?

Thank you.
  • I am having the same problems, but only when I have my headphones plugged in.
    I've already cleaned all I can and my system version is the latest.
  • I also have the same problem. The camera closes when I try to record using the headphones.

ASUS delivered a firmware version with several bugs related to the headphones.
  • Hi flaviosoares84_8W3,

Good day.
    I've tested this matter and I cannot find out this problem on the latest version WW- v16.0615.1903.92.
    Test video: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/4727504BC97549558E6AAD8312DE04C2Y

(1.) Please restore the camera app and update to ver.4.2.9.0, also make sure your firmware is current on the latest.
    - settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > camera > storage & memory >clear storage & cache
    - settings> system > system update

(2.) Please also help me to check is there any a debris stuck in the jack.

Thank you.
  • Last edited by flaviosoares84_8W3 on 2019/5/13 09:51

Hello Emilee,
    I did a hard reset on my Zenfone 5 three times and the process encounters problems when using the headphones.  The proximity sensor stops working and the camera does not shoot.
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/5/14 17:09
    flaviosoares84_8W3 posted on 2019/5/13 22:50
    Hello Emilee,
    I did a hard reset on my Zenfone 5 three times and the process encounters problems whe ...
    Hi flaviosoares84_8W3 and All,

Good day.
    Thanks for your kindness and reply.
    I've passed this case to our tech team. We're addressing your case in a proactive way.
    May I checked with you again whether your firmware is currently on WW- v16.0615.1903.92? Camera version is currently on 4.2.9.0?

If yes. Could you tell me below info?
    (1.) Does this problem appear only if you set up the system language as "Português (Brasil)?
    (2.) Which place do you save photos/ videos? internal storage or SD card?

Thank you.
  • Last edited by flaviosoares84_8W3 on 2019/5/14 08:04

Hello,
    (1.) - I use the language "Português (Brasil)";
    (2.) - My media is saved in internal memory. I do not use a memory card.
  • flaviosoares84_8W3 posted on 2019/5/14 20:59
    Hello,
    (1.) - I use the language "Português (Brasil)";
    (2.) - My media is saved in internal memory. ...

Hi flaviosoares84_8W3,

Good day.
    Thanks for your kindness and reply.
    I've updated your information to our tech team.
    We'll get back to you if there's anything coming up.

Have a nice day. :)
  • Hi flaviosoares84_8W3 and All,

Good day.
    I've texted you by PM, please kindly check it.
    We would appreciate your reply. :)
  • Hi,

I still have the same problem. I cant record any videos with my earphones plugged in. I have asus zenfone 5. How to resolve this bug?

Looking forward to hearing from you the soonest.

Regards,

Victor

This discussion has been closed.