michael_56Q0
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Open Camera v1.45.2
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
Rooted: No
APP Name: Open Camera

I have the Open Camera app installed on my Asus Zenfone 5 (KE620KL). A few days ago the phone offered to upgrade to Android Pie, which I did. Before that time I had enabled the Camera2 API on the Open Camera app, to unlock additional facilities. Now on Android Pie, the app works fine *without* Camera2. But as soon a I try to enable it (or subsequently to run the app) it briefly flashes up a message saying FAILED TO OPEN CAMERA CAMERA MAY BE IN USE BY ANOTHER APPLICATION? And the app closes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. It's really frustrating that something which worked before on Android O now doesn't on Android P. Anyone know why this is happening, and if there is anything I can do to enable the Camera2 API for the Open Camera app? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/1/25 18:29 Hi michael_56Q0, Good day, Is your Open Camera app in version 1.45.2? Could you kindly tell me how did you enable Camera2 API feature and show me your error screenshot for our reference? Thank you.