How can I deactivate the reverse charge in zenfone 4 max?

ZF Model: ZE554KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: android 7.1.1
Frequency of Occurrence: every
Rooted: No
APP Name:

I'm trying to connect a piano via otg, the piano is great and is detected but the problem is that the cell phone starts to drain the battery by reverse charge and I want to prevent this from happening

Comments

• That's kinda how USB works though. When if the keyboard is powered by a PC power supply, the USB controller is sometimes still powered by the USB bus, and not by a DC brick. There's really no way around that other than trying to make a USB keyboard that doesn't carry the 5v rail, but don't be surprised if the keyboard doesn't work though.
  • Hi zapeex

Good day,
    Could you help me update the firmware to the latest WW-15.2016.1901.506 for a check?
    If this problem still appears after the update, please kindly show me below information.

(1.) A photo about how you connect a piano via the otg and error screenshot.
    (2.) Piano brand, mode, and product link / OTG brand, mode, and product link

Thank you.
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/17 22:44
    Hi zapeex

Good day,

Lol Emilee, please stop. You didn't comprehend his post at all.
  • How to disable reverse charge in my phone

• Hi mr.sureshvenkat

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.

1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone

Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/

2. What kind on cable (USB, OTG..) are you using? Any other device connected? Do you need to press "power key" to activate the Reverse Charge? Or will any message pop out while you connect the cable to other device? Please provide me more details.