Firmware/APP Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1812.179-20181227
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.8
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by Moomskie on 2019/1/10 22:39

BUG After System Update!!

1.NO AM/PM
2.Camera Error
3.Battery & Time Font Not Inline/straight as you can see big and small. 4.When Charging No More RED/Green/blinking Light on top middle.

Comments

• I have the same issue too, It started showing since the software update, please fix this asus asap. It is really frustrating that too many bugs after an update because a software update is suppose to fix bugs, not provide them.
  • Last edited by Selena_ASUS on 2019/1/11 11:31

Hi Moomskie

1.We have already reported this issue back toour tech team .We will get back to you if there isanything coming up.
    2.About camera problem .Please try to settings > apps & notifications > app info> camera > storage & memory >clear data and cache.
    we're afraid we may need information on your problem.Thank you!
    3.Sorry for any inconvenience.The display is original design.Thank you for your inquiry

4.ASUShas determined that ZenFone Max Pro M2 (ZB630KL/ZB631KL) devices may exhibitthe insufficient brightness of charging indicator.Thismodel has complied with ASUS designed quality specifications and will notaffect user's operation and recognition. Weapologize for any inconvenience caused and your consideration will be very muchappreciated.
    Do you install third party launcher?Please help to confirm, thank you
  • Kevin27 posted on 2019/1/11 06:36
    I have the same issue too, It started showing since the software update, please fix this asus asap. ...

Hi Kevin27

Sorry, we're afraid we may need information on your problem.
    Could you describe more clearly?
    Which problem did you encounter after update?
    Thank you!:)
  • Last edited by Moomskie on 2019/1/11 12:43
    Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/1/11 10:42
    Hi Moomskie

1.We have already reported this issue back toour tech team .We will get back to you if ...
    3.its not original its not like that after System Update the 1st pic on top with camera is not mine look at his battery and time its in line while mine is different

4. when i charge there is no more light like green and red

Attachment not found.
  • ASUS team,

After January update , touch respons is better then December update. But there is still a issue with touch . Some time touch work very smoothly but some time I need to hit two or three time to type any thing. Asus team you fix a touch problem 90% but you need to work more on this to fix this 100%. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible.
  • Moomskie posted on 2019/1/11 12:40
    3.its not original its not like that after System Update the 1st pic on top with camera is not mine ...

Hi Moomskie

3.I've passed your case over to our service team.
    They will be in contact as soon as they have more information on your request, thank you

4.Please check in display>advanced>blink light, thank you
  • Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/1/11 17:02
    Hi Moomskie

thank you for that 4 has been solve 1 and 3 the only problem now
  • Last edited by Moomskie on 2019/1/12 20:44

Bug

5.nevermind finally find the rotation sorry
  • Last edited by Kevin27 on 2019/1/13 06:20
    Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/1/11 10:45
    Hi Kevin27

Sorry, we're afraid we may need information on your problem.

My problem is just like Moomskie's problem except Number 2 because I haven't tried that out yet and Number 4 because mine is working fine.

All problems that needs to be fixed:

1. Bluetooth and Do not disturb icon is still showing at the upper right side of the screen next to the battery percentage even if they are turned off. The only way to remove it is restarting the phone which is I don't want to do everytime.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

2. Time is also not showing AM/PM.
    Attachment not found.

3. Battery, battery percentage and time is not properly aligned and bottom part is covered by the main display.
    Attachment not found.
  • camera still have that bug i already factory reset phone clear cache when i record video for too long that notification will show up or when taking picture and you idle your phone while camera is open
  • Selena_ASUS posted on 2019/1/11 17:02
    Hi Moomskie

Why i cant see 13 AI scene camera? Where is it??
    Is it just a gimmick??
  • Add to it the touch issue. It is very delayed. Very frustrating and the phone is very hard to use now. 
  • Hi all

About Zenfone Max Pro M2 (ZB631KL) time display for AM/PM question. Due to the manufacturing cutting process technology of notch LCD, we suggest customer can setting on "Date & Time" and switch on "Use 24-hour format".We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your valuable advice will be included in future design and optimization considerations. Thank you.:)
  • HOLY **** you release a broken manufacturing phones and you cant do about it WTF? we paid right amount you give us broken cutting thingy thats all your fault? should not have buy this sh^^^^ phone
  • Moomskie posted on 2019/1/24 18:43
    HOLY **** you release a broken manufacturing phones and you cant do about it WTF? we paid right amou ...

Yeah, If they don't fix these problem then this is the first and last time I will be buying their products.
  • Kevin27 posted on 2019/1/25 09:12
    Yeah, If they don't fix these problem then this is the first and last time I will be buying their ...

mine already fix can find asphalt 9 now you restore factory install latest googleplay and services it should be fix
  • Last edited by Selena_ASUS on 2019/3/12 17:17

Hi all

Good day
    A new firmware version WW_15.2016.1902.192 for ZB631KL has been released
    We would advise you to update to the latest firmware. It could modify the issue of battery & time font and disturb icon.
    If you have not received the update yet, please check update in Settings > System > System updates,
    If this problem is still exist in this version, please let us know.
    Thank you and have a nice day
  • After i update my asus phone it is not working anymore..my phone is switching on but when i touch the screen and try to swipe up it is blacking out.

I cannot use anymore.Help please

• Hi edmarkrioveros15

Thank you for your asking. Because you could not enter the phone properly, please try following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:

0. Try to back up your data with USB cable

1. Keep pressing "volume down key"

2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration

3. Still keep pressing "volume down key" and stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen

4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"

5. "Reboot system now"

#Hardware Reset Guide

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

Please note that once the steps is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.