JCNS1995
Star I
Model: ZC553KL(Max)
RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: Android8.1.0/1.7.10.2_180803
Frequency of Occurrence:
Rooted: No
App Name: ZenUI Keyboard
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201901/06/205911gr7k6n3ldr7rnzk0.jpg
Description: I have noticed that the ZenUI Keyboard app cannot be searched on the Play Store. However, when I searched it on a desktop browser and even on my phone's browser, it still exists. When I opened the app's Play Store page via firefox to direct me to the Google Play Store App, it says "Your device isn't compatible with this version." I looked at the recent version through my mobile browser, it says "1.7.10.8_181122" which means that my current keyboard version is outdated. I've been using the keyboard since I bought the device and now I cannot update it to a newer version.

*Description: I have noticed that the ZenUI Keyboard app cannot be searched on the Play Store. However, when I searched it on a desktop browser and even on my phone's browser, it still exists. When I opened the app's Play Store page via firefox to direct me to the Google Play Store App, it says "Your device isn't compatible with this version." I looked at the recent version through my mobile browser, it says "1.7.10.8_181122" which means that my current keyboard version is outdated. I've been using the keyboard since I bought the device and now I cannot update it to a newer version. ___________________________________ I know a lot of ASUS Zenfone users have already opted in using other keyboards but for those who remained loyal to the OEM ZenUI Keyboard, I reckon that you've all already known that the app cannot be searched on the Play Store via your phone's Google Play Store app if you had updated to Android Oreo 8.1.0 and probably even Android Pie; unless if it's just me. I hope that somebody from ASUS' Customer Service report this issue to the App Developers. I really can't see why they wouldn't update the app to be available to newer versions of Android. I've seen a lot of apps deprecated after Android Nougat such as the Flashlight app, Calendar, and Super Note, to name a few. I'm just fortunate to have secured a back up copy of their latest versions before updating to Android Nougat and Android Oreo. Even if they vowed to remove bloatware on newer devices, they shouldn't abandon the app's development for newer API versions since not all ASUS phones that have the latest Android versions are the newer models. Nonetheless, I do commend how ASUS updates their mobile products to newer Android versions as long as the phone's hardware is capable. Once again, I call upon the attention of ASUS' Customer Service representatives to please report this issue to the App Developers. You are our only voice. 🙏🙏🙏
2 REPLIES 2

Last edited by The War Profiteer on 2019/1/10 00:32 They must have intentionally excluded ZC553KL from the Device Catalog on developer console. Actually the last update date of the keyboard app is November 27, 2018, and the app was built for 7.1.0. This means they abandoned it, since it has really crappy design. At this point, I would heavily suggest you to use SwiftKey. Way comfortable. The thing is you can block device specific on the console but you can not block any Android versions manually. Android OS has backward compatibility when it comes to apps, so you will be able to download no matter your Android version is, and apps can have a limited backward compatibility with app compat libraries. This is why you see "Minimum Android Version" on even newest apps. Here is how it looks like (A screenshot from my developer console): [img]https://i.imgur.com/qYyiINc.png[/img]

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi JCNS1995, Good day, Why did you search the ZenUI keyboard via Firefox? Could you find this app from the Google Play Store? If your firmware version is currently on the latest WW-15.0200.1812.503. Please kindly restore the Google Play store and install and update again. Then kindly check again in the Google Play store. Thank you.