Bug report Zenfone 5 Android 9

Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 9.0
Frequency of Occurrence: No idea
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/24 21:18

Bugs that I found on Android 9 (I updated the phone via Fota)

24 JANUARY UPDATE :

With the last firmware update (21 Jan) listed issues seems fine.Except the Pixel type navigation , clock and cropped app name (ss of the topic) I classify them as fixed or not fixed so you can look at it. :)

-Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen) (FIXED)
-Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy) (NOT FIXED)
-Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen)(FIXED)
-Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light.(FIXED)
-Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again.(NOT FIXED)

-Update1: When an app sending its' second notification name of the app seems cropped (NOT FIXED)

Comments

• I have the same problems too. What about the animation scale? Can you change yours? Coz i can't change mine. Whenever i change it to .5x it goes back to 2x.
  • JK90 posted on 2019/1/3 20:42
    I have the same problems too. What about the animation scale? Can you change yours? Coz i can't chan ...

Yes same situation here I can't change animations and some of the animations seem laggy so I switched my nav-bar Pixel Type to the Asus nav-bar.

And another thing is RAM usage.I don't install too many apps I barely see 2.3Gb(OREO) but I see 2.9 on the new update.Just annoying :'(
  • LostSonOfAragorn posted on 2019/1/4 02:58
    Yes same situation here I can't change animations and some of the animations seem laggy so I switc ...

We exactly have the same problems. Sometimes my home screen would flicker. With regard to the RAM, even if i will only open 2 apps RAM will be 2.9 or 3.0! That's insane! I never experienced that with Oreo.
  • help . im from philippines . and using zenfone 5 . i dont have the updates for android p yet . ive been frequently visiting the system updates on the setting ,yet no update is available . pls help
  • And I have a problem. When I go into the mobile manager at battery modes I show that I chose to have the battery module on balance
  • I have a problem. When I go into the mobile manager at battery modes I show that I chose to have the battery module on balance
  • My update works perfect i cant see any of this bugs
  • stemihnea posted on 2019/1/4 00:54
    And I have a problem. When I go into the mobile manager at battery modes I show that I chose to hav ...

Yes , performance and normal mode is not available on 9.
  • I dont have the bugs you have mentioned except the one where the clock is near the edge. My google play services shows no usage, so something on your phone must have caused it to work/enable.
  • Last edited by Emilee_ASUS on 2019/1/4 15:33

Hello LostSonOfAragorn and All,

Thanks for your inquiry.
    -Cannot see the nearby Wi-Fi names and Bluetooth devices' names (Quick Settings Screen)
    >>
    (1.) WiFi SSID no showing in quick settings, this issue will be fixed in the future firmware update.
    (2.) The Bluetooth no showing and the blank edit page in quick settings, I would suggest you restore the ZenUI launcher for a check.
    (settings > apps & notifications > see all apps> app info>ZenUI Launcher > storage & memory >manager space > delete app data)

-Pixel type nav-bar is not working properly (if you pull it fast animations seem laggy)
    >>
    Do you mean the developer option animation scale will go back to the default settings if you switch to 5x?
    If yes. we have passed this case to our tech team.

-Unusual usage of Google Play Services (My usage is same as oreo so it shouldn't happen)
    >>
    Could kindly describe more about this problem?
    If your Google service is on version 14.7.99, please kindly restore it for a check.
    (settings > apps & notifications > see all apps> app info>Google service> storage & memory >manager space > delete app data

-Auto brightness is not well adjusted (It is not working good for example if it detects your shadow as low light condition even there is enough light.
    >>
    This case still under investigation, we'll keep you update on progress.

-Clock is very near to the edge it is a big mistake I closed the battery percentage to get rid of this on Oreo but with Android 9 battery icon changed and clock is very near to the edge again.
    >>
    We've reported this matter to our tech team.

Thank you and have a nice day.
  • Long time "ASUS SIGNATURE"

Phones are outdated as always. When they release new android version, there a tons of bug 

Same as year 2014. Nothing change. Oh come on Asus
  • Last edited by LostSonOfAragorn on 2019/1/4 21:41
    Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/4 09:21

Thanks for your inquiry.

I cleaned the cache of ZenUI Launcher but Bluetooth problem is not fixed.Notification bar editing menu is the same.

I didn't see Google Play Services on the Battery usage menu today so I think it was about an app

About the animations - Yes you get that right please investigate this.Animations seems laggy on Pixel type nav-bar. Not Asus's own nav-bar , it works pretty well.

And another thing is Audiwoizard lost a few of auido profiles.Many users bought this phone for audio if you investigate this it would be good thnaks... :)
  • bryanvillalongja posted on 2019/1/4 12:30
    I dont have the bugs you have mentioned except the one where the clock is near the edge. My google p ...

Do you mean that you can't see on the notification panel if your app is downloading or not?
  • Mine shows no less or no usage at all compared to the screenshot given. 
  • Emilee_ASUS posted on 2019/1/4 15:21

Thanks for your inquiry.

Fingerprint scanner is not as quick as before. And the audio seems different now. Can you also report to your tech team to look into the ram management.
  • After updated to Pie attachements don't work in Google Message (3.9.039). I can't add media nor make a picture (with in app camera plugin). Previous version of the app works fine. I've tried to reinstall, clear data, cache etc - no results.
  • Yes i cant add media or pictures in Google message app hang
  • fkgdansk posted on 2019/1/5 02:22
    After updated to Pie attachements don't work in Google Message (3.9.039). I can't add media nor make ...

Now that you mentioned it, i also checked mine and yes the multimedia icon doesn't work. When you click it, it crashes.
  • Now the question is if ASUS should update the firmware or Google the app? All in all Pie works fine. I've noticed no major RAM, battery or interface issues, wifi and cellular connections work good as well. New navbar is great. But I would like to send media via message from time to time... I've written to Google about the issue, waiting to see what they say.
  • Last edited by fkgdansk on 2019/1/5 13:09

Found another things:
    1) proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen off during phone call (function turned on in options). IT REALLY SUCKS !!!
    2) when using new toolbar there is actually no last apps button. Therefore one can't make screenshot this way (tap and hold). No other direct way provided. Option still exists in Settings (Advanced -> Quick Action -> Screenshot).