Fast charging problem

AnasAnas Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

There is no ++ sign while charging also the charging is very slow. This happens randomly. Also on lock screen the text is charging and not fast charging. Does anyone know why does this happen?

Using inbox cable and adapter.

Comments

• Could be that it's very hot in your room, that you're doing something demanding on your phone while charging or that your cable is damaged. There are 24 tiny tiny cables in a USB C cable so this happens easily even though the cable looks fine. Please buy/borrow another cable and if it fast charges with that cable, then you may contact your ASUS Service Center for a new cable (if you device is still within warranty)

• AnasAnas Level 1

I wasn't doing anything demanding. I was using Facebook. I will check with other usb-c cables. What is the warranty duration? It has been 6 months since i bought this device.

• If you bought the unit new, it has a 12 month warranty.

• AnasAnas Level 1

@Anders_ASUS it's happening with other wires as well. What do you think might be the problem?

• AnasAnas Level 1
    edited April 2020

Also even with slow charging it's showing 6hrs until fully charged at 13% battery. Is it normal?

I'm fearing the problem might be with the port.

• If it is the port, then you would need a hardware repair. Most of the time, charging issues are related to high ambient temperature or damaged cables.

• But there is a catch, its written on the box, for accessories there is only 6 months of warranty, 12 months is only for device

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

Port is part of the device, so it is covered by warranty.

You don't need to deal with the following in the service:

A charger defect is very unlikely.

You can buy the cable anywhere.

• AnasAnas Level 1

For now I have to wait for the lockdown to get over and then get my device checked at service center. I hope the problem is not with the port :(

• frizzenfrizzen Level 1

Could be that it's very hot in your room, that you're doing something demanding on your phone while charging or that your cable is damaged.

• AnasAnas Level 1
    edited May 2020

Temperature of room as well as device is normal. Also i don't usually use my mobile while charging but when I do I use social media or youtube. They are not really demanding.

This discussion has been closed.