Asus Rog phone 2 Android 10 issues

Comments

• nazri5363nazri5363 Level 1

Upgrades from Asus seems like nightmare.... Last time updated to Android 9 from 8 the quality of photo drops... Zenfone 5....Maybe Asus user should stick to factory delivered OS....

• Gaming is almost impossible in this so called GAMING PHONE. I bought ROG 2 mainly for PUBG and experience was excellent untill I upgraded to A10. Earlier there were no frame drops or lag after prolonged gaming sessions. But now when I am playing first TDM of the day to warm up, the frame drops are too much. I play competitive so I am pretty serious while playing Customs or scrims. And at certain time I reach the limit of frustration and just wish to smash the phone to the floor.

I don't care about security patches or android updates as this device is only for GAMING, what I only care is seamless gaming. It was a really bad decision to buy ROG 2. This might be my last ASUS mobile phone.

• IF PUBG is your only concern then you may downgrade to A9 until PUBG is better optimized for A10. I can't say for sure that A10 is the reason. This is my personal theory based on what I've read from users commenting on PUBG on different phones and android versions.

But to be honest, there are so many playing this game and there are both those with almost no issue (on A10) and those who experience the game as unplayable. What I can say is that we're talking to Tencent and we will do whatever we can from our side and they on theirs to improve everyone's experience.

• Pubg game crash ho ja raha h

• akhilj66akhilj66 Level 3

This is my backup, only played Pubg did nothing else. Results are in front you, 6000 Mah battery 🤣🤣

• ejvtanejvtan Level 1

@Anders_ASUS will there be an A10 update anytime soon?

• Is there an update about the issues in Android 10? Does it work now or the issues remain?

• Idk why the screen is consuming too much juice from the battery.I 've been asking this for a long time but I'm left with nothing . @Anders_ASUS

• I'm facing these exact same problems. Games freezing (Pubg, Subway surfers), phone getting hot while charging, shorter battery life. Either fix these issues or give us our money back.

• "6,000 mAh battery"

• I face many problem after update... like during game.... display automatically off and get black screen.... during game game giene stuck air triger also stuck.. not working.. many problem overheating.... how to solve it?

• omega01644omega01644 Level 1
    edited April 13

su android 10 troppi bug

• uri13uri13 Level 1

Omg.. and LineageOS giving almost 10h SOT.

I recommend Kirisakura 2.0 kernel, but I would flash LineageOS or HavocOS if I would not use the airtriggers.

@Anders_ASUS we wanna the drivers, etc. of the Airtriggers and Armoury Crate :(

This phone is quite amazing! A lot of people would buy it if the scene were bigger than that. I'm not able to do other thing that hardly recommend you to support more developers. They are speaking a lot about it in the various XDA Asus ROG Phone 2 Threads.

• nakul696nakul696 Level 1

Hey, did you take a backup before downgrading? I want to downgrade but I am trying to find a way to make this backup and restore a bit less of a pain in the ass. If you did take a backup, was it a local or a drive one and what all did you have to reconfigure after the restore?

• Any update about the issues? Android 10 is the worst update ever for this phone. And after 1 month from its release (after all the beta period of A10), Asus don't give us any answer.

Nice way to treat consumers...

• OPCOPC Level 4

My phone is now running better and better. One of the reasons for problems was within permissions. In A10 there is an option to give permissions while using the app only, or to give permissions all the time. Choosing one over the other could cause conflict.

So A10 was the upgrade where I had to dig in and search for solutions more than ever before, but it is possible to solve issues at the end. I only wish those solutions where there "out of the box". Upgrading from A8 to A9 was nowhere near as tricky.

Google Chrome still freezes. I only use it for this forum. It would be good that Asus gives us in My Asus app the choice of the preferred browser. Or maybe there is such a choice?

• After Android 10 update...Phone is getting over heated during Charing and while playing games even sometime games got freezed...it is making me to feel whether it is a gaming mobile or just like low budget mobile?? After the upgradation performance is decreased...so just plz fix the bugs...And show the Real performance of ROG 2 ..I want the Real domination of our gaming GOD...ROG back!!!

• elimjoeelimjoe Level 1

Hey all,

Any updated comment on A10 with most recent version? I would rather keep a eye on the comment for the A10 update and see if the most recent version is the stable one or not, then will arrange update if yes. Thanks.

• am facing similar issue. The phone restarts 4-5 times Immediately after starting. This happens when I play PUBG mobile. Please suggest a solution. This is happening more often after the latest update last week. Please sir help me.