ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Comments

• djpagzdjpagz Level 1

I am seeing heating issues and battery drain during normal usage like media consumption, forget about gaming! This has all started after Android 10 upgrade. There is degradation in performance for sure and asus needs to send a fix soon!!!!

• Ya me too even for viewing web pages in chrome the phone is heating like it does when I play games.

• This is nerve wracking. Your phone obviously had some issues plus paying a price for getting your phone diagnosed is just nonsense.

As far as I know, no one has to pay any charges if phone is under warranty.

And if there is some price that could be need for diagnosis, it is always told beforehand.

I think store is charging you unnecessarily.

@Ban My recommendation is to get your phone to an official service center once the lockdown period is over.

And 80$ Nzd is just way excessive, I bought Asus 30W rog charger and a Samsung Earphone that cost me less than 60$ Nzd. I can definitely say that they have not checked the phone at all.

@Ban We all sometimes get stuck with bad unit, my unit suffers from red tint which I'll get checked after lockdown.

Your original post was from 14 March, 20 days is just a lot of time for diagnosing nothing.

Please keep us updated.

• KanuKanu Level 2

I'm having heating issues while the phone is charging. I use 18w charger and phone gets really hot while charging. Doesn't matter if I'm using the phone or not. Temperature goes to about 37-41 degrees. This wasn't happening in a9

• My phone is HOT all the time after this bloody Android 10 update! The whole performance of the phone went downhill!

IF ANY OF YOU DEVELOPERS IS ACTUALLY LISTENING! FIX THIS OVERHEATING ISSUE! ASAP

• I'm just watching videos and temp goes to about 42 degree. In similar I was playing videos on max pro m1 and that phone was soo cool. Rog 2 software is worst.

• There is a simple solution to change the question Cooling inside the phone

I changed the question and the temperature was reduced to 51 degrees when playing puge

The phone will not be closed like before

• OPCOPC Level 4

This is strange as in my case heat management is working much better in A10. My temperature on average dropped 3 degree C according to performance monitor in Game Ginnie, but also trusting my fingers. I don't understand why the same system performs differently on different devices.

• edited May 2020

@OPC maybe due to environment temperature... (Hot/cold) region.

• I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.

While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.

All of this strted when I updated the phone to android 10 beta version.

Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

• I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.

While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.

All of this strted when I updated the phone to android 10 beta version.

Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

What happens if you don't charge, do you still get the same problem?

• DeeCeeDeeCee Level 1
    edited July 2020

I'm having the exact same issue. Only noticed it a couple of days ago, same deal as the initial post; High temperature at 2.96GHz. Battery consumption speed is noticeably faster while it's in this state.

I've noticed that switching to X mode and back seems to fix it almost immediately, but it still doesn't make much sense to me.

• I am also having same problem auto restart and switch off issue

• monalacmonalac Level 2

I am having battery consumption issue only sometimes, other issues I do dont experience, heating is only while gaming around 40 degrees only.

This discussion has been closed.