This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone updates after replacing motherboard

Revanth
Rising Star I
I have been reading three threads regarding they are not receiving updates after motherboard replacement . Please let me know that are there anyone who is getting updates even after motherboard replacement or we will not get updates after motherboard replacement . Please reply those who have replaced their motherboard
And please mods reply if you know any of the people who replaced motherboard have received updates that's not a big issue?
@Anders_ASUS sir please reply
19 REPLIES 19

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
If you aren't receiving FOTA updates, you can always manually download and install the firmware from the support site.
https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
If you miss out on multiple FOTA updates, then you should contact your local Support to verify that your IMEI is still correct.

Revanth
Rising Star I
Local support in the sense? Service center?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
You should be able to call or email them, and they can check remotely. A service center visit might be necessary.

Revanth
Rising Star I
But this is really wired sir . Why that happens when motherboard is replaced? Because of what sir ? I think even you saw few discussion where motherboard replacement causing people won't get updates . Please clear me 2 things
1. Why does this happen after motherboard replacement? Why they won't get updates? Please clarify me .
2 . Are there anyone with motherboard replacement and they are perfect with their updates? They get updates correctly without any manually updating?