This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera quality loss in third party apps

Whenever I open up the camera in third party apps such as WhatsApp, Snapchat and Instagram, the camera loses its quality. It even smoothens everything in broad daylight. This needs a fix, and I believe that Asus can do that, because they love to satisfy their users!
2 REPLIES 2

bputra10bennypu
Star III
aryanalakhramsing25

Whenever I open up the camera in third party apps such as WhatsApp, Snapchat and Instagram, the camera loses its quality. It even smoothens everything in broad daylight. This needs a fix, and I believe that Asus can do that, because they love to satisfy their users!

Camera quality loss in third party apps
I think there is nothing you can do about it. Im pretty sure you using the full display for the app right? Well cause sometimes i do took insta story, i decided to use the instagram without forcing it full screen, because when app is forced full screen. So do the in app camera, it means the camera app need to be full too and the quailty got lower.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
bputra10bennyputra

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17406/camera-quality-loss-in-third-party-apps

I think there is nothing you can do about it. Im pretty sure you using the full display for the app right? Well cause sometimes i do took insta story, i decided to use the instagram without forcing it full screen, because when app is forced full screen. So do the in app camera, it means the camera app need to be full too and the quailty got lower.

View post
This is because these apps tap directly into our camera hardware. Most of what makes the camera great lays in our camera app but we're currently discussing how we can apply more of the fixes on a deeper level so other apps can benefit from features like HDR and so on.