[Fixed in .144] Crippled gesture to expand Quick Settings after .129 update

_jis__jis_ Level 5
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

I noticed that gesture to expand Quick Settings acts just as gesture to expand Notifications after update to .129.

Can anyone confirm this?

I noticed this behaviour in two different applications Nova launcher and Fluid Navigation Gestures so it is not an app fault, it is a system level issue.

Nova - the last one gesture on this screenshot

FNG - the first one gesture on this screenshot

Comments

• _jis__jis_ Level 5
    edited February 2020

This issue persist after update to .133.

Anyone could test this issue by built-in function without the need to install any third party app.

Settings / Accessibility / Accessibility Menu / Use service - On

Open the large menu and try Quick settings shortcut on the second page.

• I tested it via the Accessibility menu. yeah it is expanding notifications. Are you suggesting that it should open the quick settings instead of showing notifications?

• Sure.

Thank you for confirmation. The zero response to my OP leads me to believe that nobody but me is using gesture/accessibility_shortcut to expand Quick Settings :(

So once again, the issue is that gesture/accessibility_shortcut to expand Quick Settings acts just as gesture/accessibility_shortcut to expand Notifications after update to .129/.133, which is wrong, because gesture/accessibility_shortcut to expand Quick Settings should open Quick Settings and not just Notifications.

You can also show Quick Settings by swipe down once with two fingers from the top of any screen. Fortunately at least this still works after update to .129/.133, but you cannot use this when holding phone by one hand, therefore gesture/accessibility_shortcut to expand Quick Settings is needed.

Asus, please fix this error.

• _jis__jis_ Level 5
    edited March 2020

Asus, please fix this error.

@kikoly @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

• Sorry about the late reply! I'll check with our devs and get back to you when I have something

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

Kudos to ASUS!

This issue is rectified in the latest WW_17.1810.2003.144.

Thank you so much :)

• Yes, we fixed it. Not all fixes/changes are mentioned in the release notes, :)

This discussion has been closed.