Fast Charge not working

Fast charging is not working. It takes about 7 hours to charge. Phone also hangs and reboots automatically. Didn't expect this from Asus. You wasted my 3 months salary on this garbage phone. I want a refund

Comments

• heyokaheyoka Level 2

Sometimes it happens to me wait a little and you see it will not last 6h

Or try to replug and wait too

• VS-KRVS-KR Level 3

Genuine charger and cable on a wall socket ?

• I've had to buy a completely new phone because of this problem, was happening for a month straight since the new Android 10 update. It absolutely ruined the phone, slowed it down, turned sluggish, got rid of features but worst of all barely charged! Plugging it in (offical plug/wire or aftermarket) you'd be lucky if it stayed charging for more than 5 seconds and when it did, it would still take 7 hours.. What happened to this great phone, and why the complete inaction from Asus? I'm so disappointed, this was my first Asus product & will now be my last.

I don't even know what to do with mine, it's unuseable but I can't sell it in that state, so I'm £400 down for lack of manufacturer competence *sigh*

• Make sure that you have battery care disabled.

You can find this setting in system settings -> battery -> PowerMaster -> battery care

Make sure it says "off"

If you've already done this, and tested with a second cable and power source, then I'd like to log your phone to see whats's going on. We've seen quite a few reports of slow charging but to my knowledge no one has submitted a log.

If you're willing to help, quote me in your post and I'll send you a PM with the log tool and instructions.

• It has started to occur in my phone too. I took a second cable but still show 5 hours until fully charged .

• I am also facing same issue in my Zenfone6 fast charging not working this is my second asus phone and this will be last one.

Asus please give some salution on this or revert back the money.

• RevanthRevanth Level 2

I have submitted 2-3 logs to @Anders_ASUS . How come no one submitted log?

• I have the same issue. Since .137 update. I can never fast charge my phone anymore. Dec, 2019 i just replaced my phone with a new battery since the old one has some issues. I think may be is the patch update problem. The battery is draining fast, i deleted facebook, switch off the battery care, on baterry saving mode. Yet still draining fast.

I would like to submitt my log info to ASUS @LP_ASUS thanks

• edited March 31

I will send you a log tool and instructions but I can say already that most of these cases has turned out to be one or several damaged cables. USB cables become more and more advanced which means that they will break more easily. An old USB 2.0 cable had 4 cables. A USB C cable has 24 cables.

• I can't even install the apk. I let my chrome browser to install "untrusted" software. How can i install that

• problem with the phone because everything works beautifully