This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G+ ?

dt808
Rising Star I
hi all - new to the forum but had my zenfone 6 since October of 2019. I'm on t-mobile and sometimes get a 4G+ symbol when on mobile data. i think this means lte advanced but I'm not sure and i read that this means signals from the surrounding cell towers are being aggregated for better speed and reliability but I'm actually getting the opposite... my speeds are really slow when on 4G+. normal 4G is much much faster. anyone know why this is and if there is any way to turn off 4G+? thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
You should not be able to turn off Carrier Aggregation. Asus phones cannot be turned off by themselves. Maybe try to see if 3G is faster than 4G in your area.

dt808
Rising Star I
hmm ok thanks. 4G+ doesn't show up all the time. most of the time I'm on 'normal' 4G which is pretty good. i just thought the '+' sign meant faster and better lol.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
dt808

hmm ok thanks. 4G+ doesn't show up all the time. most of the time I'm on 'normal' 4G which is pretty good. i just thought the '+' sign meant faster and better lol.

View post
The appearance of "4G +" represents 2CA / 3CA. If your telecommunications company has 4CA, "4G ++" will appear.

dt808
Rising Star I
thanks again. i guess my main concern is 4G+ is really slow compared to 4G. so wishing i could turn it off lol.