This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down Notification bar accessible while screen locked

Renz
Star I
Hi, I found a facebook post that you can access the notif bar while phone is screen locked (meaning you can disconnect it from mobile data,use airplane mode and your phone will not be located when lost). I tried it and it is true.
Is this intended? I think its a security issue for me.
5 REPLIES 5

kowshik_diamond
Rising Star I
Renz

Hi, I found a facebook post that you can access the notif bar while phone is screen locked (meaning you can disconnect it from mobile data,use airplane mode and your phone will not be located when lost). I tried it and it is true.

ya there must be an option to disable to access notification panel while screen is locked. Many other brands included that feature.

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
Renz

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's standard Android behaviour. It does make it easier for someone to steal your phone in those rare cases when you're fast enough to track your phone but they could just as well just turn it off.
The important thing is that your phone is protected by your Google Account. It's virtually useless for the thief without your password and as soon as they connect it to something, you will be notified about its location.

kowshik_diamond
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

It's standard Android behaviour. It does make it easier for someone to steal your phone in those rare cases when you're fast enough to track your phone but they could just as well just turn it off.

The important thing is that your phone is protected by your Google Account. It's virtually useless for the thief without your password and as soon as they connect it to something, you will be notified about its location.

View post
The problem is not about thief. If I kept my phone on desk and sleeping my friends just opens the notification panel and keeps my phone in silent or keeping it in aeroplane mode. It will cause me to loose important calls. So please look into it.