cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retract camera grinding gears sound?? *Audio recording attached*

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Hi, all!
I've never noticed this before but when I press the retract camera button, the camera module makes a few weird grinding gear sounds. It used to sound normal before but now it sounds different compared to how it used to. My phone is only about 1 month old and so maybe there was a break in process or something? I recorded the audio of the gear sound down below so let me know what you guys think and whether or not it sounds completely normal and if your guy's motor sounds the same! During the recording, I pressed the retract camera button 4 times. This is with .73 update.

2 REPLIES 2

off2fly115
Rising Star II
off2fly115

Hi, all!

I've never noticed this before but when I press the retract camera button, the camera module makes a few weird grinding gear sounds. It used to sound normal before but now it sounds different compared to how it used to. My phone is only about 1 month old and so maybe there was a break in process or something? I recorded the audio of the gear sound down below so let me know what you guys think and whether or not it sounds completely normal and if your guy's motor sounds the same! During the recording, I pressed the retract camera button 4 times. This is with .73 update.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/206/SJ7WWSFGJHV2.mp3

Retract camera grinding gears sound?? *Audio recording attached*
I should also note that the camera flip mechanism still works perfectly fine with no problem! Just let me know what you guys think 🙂

off2fly115
Rising Star II
VS-KR

The retract button is supposed to be used when the camera is not retract. You hear this sound because the motor force to retract the camera but the camera is already pressed against the back...

View post
I understand that that's what's it was intended for but I just wanted to ask if the gears sounded okay??