This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6 Camera not fliping

le_zid
Star II
Hey! Ive had 0 issues with my phone since i got it, have dropped it a couple times, but the screen protector has taken all the damage until today. About 20 min ago i dropped it again about 20cm above the floor, it landed on its edge and did a crack on the protector. Then i tried to flip it to selfie mode and it didnt work. Ive tried to "force" flip it in the settings but no result. Ive even taken my finger and pulled it up but after a few sec it goes back into its socket, so the motor is still working and sounding like it always has. So i have no idea what the probelm is, pls help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

le_zid
Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/35320#Comment_35320

Top right area is also where the proximity sensor is.

Try cleaning that area, if you cannot see any visual damage.

And the protector that's damaged, I would suggest replacing it as while it is on, it could interfere.

View post
So i did do a full clean up and replaced the protector and everything and now it works lol. Thanks for the responses

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Does manual control of flipping work? (not the auto switch to selfie).
But if you try to use the manual controls in the camera app.

From the sound of it, it could be something causing the proximity sensor to trigger - and stop a camera movement.
Perhaps you can see where the damage happened on the protector - and that could be the culprit. Or any eventual case.

le_zid
Star II
Every time i try to flip it, either in snapchat, the camera or to calibrate it in settings i get the same message "The camera cant flip" or somehthing like that. The damage i got was in the top right corner, ive peeled off the protector a bit too see if the phone also was damaged but i cant see any damage

le_zid
Star II
CH_ASUS

Does manual control of flipping work? (not the auto switch to selfie).

But if you try to use the manual controls in the camera app.

From the sound of it, it could be something causing the proximity sensor to trigger - and stop a camera movement.

Perhaps you can see where the damage happened on the protector - and that could be the culprit. Or any eventual case.

View post
Every time i try to flip it, either in snapchat, the camera or to calibrate it in settings i get the same message "The camera cant flip" or somehthing like that. The damage i got was in the top right corner, ive peeled off the protector a bit too see if the phone also was damaged but i cant see any damage

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
If the proximity sensor senses that something is near it, it will stop the camera from flipping. Maybe your damaged screen protector is causing the issue. Try removing the screen protector and flipping the camera.,