This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on TwinView Dock

Felis_Alpha
Rising Star I
Hi, I have got myself a TwinView Dock for my Asus ROG Phone 2, and after some time of use, I am fairly happy with it as a companion device for my games on PC and as something I can distribute notifications or apps off my PC to the phone.
Here are my feedbacks for the accessory:
Should give an option to always pop up soft keyboard on the phone even for apps on the dock screen.
The hole near the phone holder, I assume it is used to hold the rubber cover we take off the side of the phone used for dual USB-C port, however the hole is big that it's too loose to hold the cover. I have already lost my first rubber cover for the dual port and am using a spare one. Perhaps next time a hole can be made at the side of the base used to hold the phone? Or somewhere in the middle which won't cause any issue to ventilation.
Perhaps enhance the Armory app or give us a new app to simulate gamepad on the phone itself and let us, say, run Call of Duty mobile on the TwinDock display. Map those controls of the thumbstick and buttons as you would with AirTrigger onto the game screen.
BatteryCare feature should also apply to the TwinView Dock itself. I notice the accessory will charge to 100% even with BatteryCare on while the phone itself is protected with the feature until end of schedule. Ever since I developed habit of caring for my batteries I also wish my dock's battery will also be protected.
Give us the ability to turn off any one of the displays to conserve power of any one of those 2 devices. For example, turn off dock display if you want it to work like a pure power bank, or turn off phone screen and switch to dock view if you intend to save phone power and prefer drying up the dock first.
6 REPLIES 6

OPC
Zen Master II
Hi! Thank you for the input! Would you suggest buying it or you believe in the software side is too underdeveloped?
My intended purposes would be:
1st in Asphalt 9 running YouTube videos of best players and trying to replicate those runs at the same time on the other screen
2nd Use it for multitasking. Like having emails on one screen and pdf editor on the other, or web browser on one and emails on another, or 2 sheets of excell at the same time. This kind of stuff.
Would you recommend it?

nick230699
Star I
perhaps a good idea would be for like word and internet keyboard on the lower screen and topscreen for the webpage or document
kinda like a more digital laptop

Felis_Alpha
Rising Star I
OPC

Hi! Thank you for the input! Would you suggest buying it or you believe in the software side is too underdeveloped?

My intended purposes would be:

1st in Asphalt 9 running YouTube videos of best players and trying to replicate those runs at the same time on the other screen

2nd Use it for multitasking. Like having emails on one screen and pdf editor on the other, or web browser on one and emails on another, or 2 sheets of excell at the same time. This kind of stuff.

Would you recommend it?

View post
I'd still recommend it though. Just note some of the annoying things that would have made it even better.

OPC
Zen Master II
Thanks Felis_Alpha!